Are you looking to add some sparkle to your career? If so, look no further!
We are currently looking for our next superstar to join our finance team and the Spence family!
Who we are…
Founded over 40 years ago, Spence Diamonds is a proudly Canadian Company.
We have grown and evolved over the years with a unique approach to becoming an industry leader in cut quality and the customer experience. We take shopping for an engagement ring to the next level - with open show cases, displaying top of the line designer prototypes, accompanied by an unparalleled diamond education. Since introducing Spence Artisan Created Diamonds, we are now blazing the way for reasonably priced, ethical and sustainable diamond choices! With unparalleled access to these diamonds, we truly are the best choice for our customers.
Our people are the center stone of our business. Our mission is to deliver an exceptional customer experience in a fun and inclusive work environment while giving our people room to grow their careers and live the life they love.
Our Junior Accountant will support the accurate and timely operation of the finance and accounting function by performing a variety of day-to-day and period-end accounting tasks that ensure accurate, timely, relevant and reliable financial information and reporting. This role is a hybrid position and reports to our Vancouver office 3 days per week. The Junior Accountant’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of monthly general journal entries and G/L reconciliations
- Preparation of monthly revenue reconciliations and journal entries
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations for all operating bank accounts
- Maintenance of A/R subledger and preparation of journal entries
- Maintenance of prepaids working papers and prepare monthly journal entries
- Maintain capital asset working papers and prepare monthly amortization entries
- Review and maintenance of end-of day paperwork received from stores
- Preparation of monthly sales tax filings
- Provide amazing support to our store staff and administrative departments
- Assist with other special projects as required
A few things we hope you have…
- An accounting degree/certificate or similar work experience
- Experience with Sage 300 is an asset
- A high proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and manage time efficiently to meet deadlines
- Takes ownership over responsibilities but comfortable asking questions when unsure
- Team player who demonstrates a willingness to support the needs of the business
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Takes pride in quality of work output and keen to continually grow within the role
- An understanding of good document management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and are comfortable professionally communicating face to face, over the phone and email
- Demonstrated and is aligned with our company core values of Integrity, Transparency, Accountability, Respect, Passion and Quality
What we offer…
- Attractive compensation packages
- Amazing employee, friends & family discounts on our products
- A variety of Learning and Development resources
- Special gifts to celebrate employee work anniversaries, birthdays, and personal milestones
- Regular celebrations & employee incentive programs
- Team building events and activities
- Opportunity to grow within the Company
- Continuous on the job training, support and mentorship