National Tank Services is currently accepting applications for a Laborer at our Hardisty, AB TESL facility.
- Start on Tuesday - 8 days on, 6 days off; 8 am-7 pm (1h lunch)
Duties will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Class 1 is required to move trailers around.
- Customer service.
- Picking up parts.
- Shop cleaning.
- Snow removal.
- Minor maintenance on building/yard/office.
- Operating skid steer.
- Observing tank entries.
- Washing and steaming trailers.
- Helping shop techs as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous labor experience is considered an asset.
- Safe and professional work practices are mandatory.
- Capable of learning through on-the-job training.
- Demonstrate ability to read and understand written instructions and communications and write job reports, work order summaries, and other record-keeping functions.
- Demonstrates self-control under pressure and maintains a positive attitude toward fellow employees.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently as well as in a team environment, exercise good judgment and common sense, and conduct him/herself professionally.
- Demonstrated good interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Must be physically fit and of reasonable strength and endurance to perform the duties required in a tanker trailer shop operation.
- Able to perform duties in all conditions both inside the shop and outside.
- Grade 12 diploma.
- Class 1 License required.
- Must be capable of working in all weather conditions.
- Basic understanding of shop safety, shop work practices, mechanical systems, and use of hand and power tools.
- Must be ok working from heights over 20 ft.