This position will support in the delivery of a project to develop, test and evaluate a Workplace Essential Skills Certification program to individuals with low essential and employability skill levels. This position will work directly with the vendor and their staff to ensure the terms and conditions of the project agreement are met and will perform project management duties related to the execution of the project’s deliverables and timelines. In addition, this position will supervise staff that will be assigned to work on this project.
Duties will include:
· Manages a multi-year project and provides independent and professional expertise related to the project to ensure it meets the requirements of a Federal Government program.
· Plans, develops, evaluates, promotes, and monitors various project initiatives. Promotes and develops initiatives and programs using current and emerging technology.
· Establishes and maintains close working relationships with internal and external business partners including government agencies, industry and professional associations.
· Analyses and provides program recommendations through reports and advice to management and develops program plans, updates program(s) and provides program evaluation. Provides contract management, communications, and implementation of initiatives and programs
· Conducts needs analysis and leads and/or responds to complex concerns
· Manages budgets and forecasts through timely and effective coordination and analysis of operating expenditures to produce financial reports and meet Federal Government reporting requirements.
· Manages day-to-day relationships with project vendor, industry partners, and project team while working within an established project management plan.
· Provides supervisory support to project staff including the outreach coordinatora and coordinate all project activities with the project team.
· May deliver outcomes by supervising others and monitoring the support team to facilitate project objectives.
· Other Project Management activities including activity and resource planning, organizing and motivating project team, analyzing and monitoring project risk, and managing budgets, reports and documentation.
· Applicants must have a university degree preferably in Education or Business Administration with extensive experience in Project Management
· Experience managing large projects and working with multiple stakeholders
· Experience in project/program development and delivery
· Experience working with community organizations and other levels of government
· Demonstrated leadership and experience with developing and executing programs/projects and contract management
· Experience leading a project team (direct reports)
· Working knowledge and experience in Change Management would be an asset
Demonstrated equivalencies will be considered:
· Must be able to work independently and be highly self-motivated and directed
· Strong analytical, problem solving, negotiating, inter-personal, conflict resolution and communications skills are required
· Must have experience conducting research and have the ability to quickly understand and organization’s goals and objectives
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $63,000.00 /year