Canada has one of the highest rates of multiple sclerosis in the world, making MS Canada’s disease. The MS Society of Canada is the country’s leading MS advocate, funding leading research in MS and programs & services that help people live well with the disease.
Reporting to the Manager, Development – MS Walk, the Coordinator, MS Walk supports the Walk Manager in the execution of the MS Walks. The Coordinator will coordinate logistics and manage relationships with participants. In addition, this role will recruit participants and team captains through phone calls and in person visits.
This position is a position of trust. The successful incumbent will be required to complete the screening process including completion of appropriate background checks in compliance with the National Screening Measures Policy as a condition of hire.
- Incorporates the MS Society mission and cause as much as possible on event day and leading up to events
- Creates a detailed logistics schedule and executes safe and efficient events
- Sources all necessary permits and confirms all event weekend details (entertainment, deliveries etc.)
- Coordinates supply packing leading up to and after events: sorting and dividing supplies, lifting and loading products
- Works with committee to create an impactful finish line and mission infused event day participant experience
Customer Service and Stewardship
- Develops relationships and provides customer service for participants, Team Captains, sponsors, donors and volunteers
- Meets and builds relationships with existing volunteer planning committee and local MS Society volunteers
- Provides administrative support as needed to Walk coordinators across the AB & NWT Division
- Builds and maintains relationships with all top fundraisers and team captains on a personal level and communicates with them on a regular basis
- Follows MS Society customer service standards and practices with event participants
- Helps to source and develop relationships with potential Walk sponsors
- Supports the Walk Manager in creating and presenting sponsorship proposals as needed, and supports all logistics associated with sponsorship activations.
- Meets or exceeds event revenue targets in assigned areas
- Recruits the maximum number of participants at events by executing relationship management plan; acquires new participants and teams, reactivates past participants and teams
- Accountable for registration numbers and communicates the importance to committees
- Assists in the execution of local recruitment schedules
- Makes pledge enhancement a priority by increasing the pledges raised by returning participants
- University Degree or Community College Diploma or the equivalent education with at least 1-2 years in special event planning and project management in a non-profit setting.
- Experience in sales, marketing and/or public relations would be an asset
- Experience working with volunteers and volunteer committees is an asset
- Experience managing staff, corporate clients and/or working with senior staff and /or volunteer boards is an asset
- Must have the ability to travel and possess a valid G Class Driver’s License
- Sound organizational skills and the ability track projects against established timelines and goals
- Solid research skills and the ability to report the information in written and oral formats
- Strong computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office and an aptitude for database systems
- Strong leadership skills
- Demonstrated capacity to work with diverse groups and interests
- Goal-oriented, motivated, energetic, dynamic, positive, diplomatic, creative, team player, resourceful, hardworking, determined, and outgoing
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to be flexible and respond to a diverse work load
- Demonstrated presentation and/or public speaking skills
- Works well and builds successful working relationships with internal and external partners
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure professional environment
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting
- Ability to maintain accurate, timely and complete documentation and electronic records for each event/program
- Extended hours and weekend work are required from time to time.
- Some travel may be required to attend meetings and chapter visits.
- Physical demands of special events include lifting, packing, carrying and loading.
- Must be available to work the weekends of the MS Walks and MS Bike Tours
- Office setting in Edmonton
Location: Edmonton, AB
We are working on a world free of MS, where improving people’s quality of life is a part of our everyday life. If you too are passionate about our mission, we invite your expression of interest and resume submission to:
Manager, Development – MS Walk
MS Society of Canada
Application Deadline: November 29, 2019
- Applicants must include a cover letter and state salary expectations within their application in order to be considered
- Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada to be considered for this position
The MS Society has a bold vision for the future. We have a team of dedicated professionals who share a common goal to end MS and to improve the lives of those affected by MS. We strive to be an employer of choice and provide a working environment that values diversity, team work, and professional development.
The MS Society of Canada embraces diversity and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
More information about the MS Society is available at www.mssociety.ca.
Job Type: Full-time
- non-profit setting: 1 year (Preferred)