LOCATION – OTTAWA, ON
STATUS – FULL TIME
Review Electrical/Mechanical drawings for components, sub-assemblies and major component assemblies to create effective/efficient manufacturing process plans for In house Production and outsourcing for assigned products or projects.
- Structuring manufacturing bills of material, batch quantities, component and sub-assembly schedules, and routings for components and assemblies to optimize production flow while minimizing total process costs, inventories and lead times. Ensuring accuracy of Item Master data and bills of material content.
- Selecting manufacturing batch quantities to avoid creating work centre bottlenecks, while avoiding excessive set-up costs.
- Developing and maintaining manufacturing routings. Preparing set-up and run time estimates for components and assemblies. Reviewing technical drawings to identify possible manufacturing issues and/or missing information.
- Implementing new engineering designs and design changes into production. Working proactively to meet schedule requirements and minimizing inventory write-offs or rework costs.
- Recommending design and production method changes to reduce costs, lead times, and enhance manufacturability, quality and safety considerations.
- Disposition non-conforming materials as per the Quality Management system. Complete root cause analysis and implement corrective and preventative actions.
- Scheduling manufacture of components and assemblies to meet product completion schedules and customer requirements. Monitoring and reporting progress. Identifying potential shortages and actions required to meet schedule targets, and following up as necessary.
- Interacting with Shop personnel, Production Control, Materials Control, Purchasing and Engineering to resolve scheduling/manufacturing issues/demands for the Shop floor.
- Proactively seeking to avoid errors in bills of materials, routings, batch quantities, or scheduling that may seriously impact customer or production commitments, manufacturing costs, or work-in-progress inventory levels.
- Performing other duties as appropriate to this level.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Understanding of manufacturing methods/ processes, shop practices and of production materials.
- Understanding of MRP (Manufacturing Resource Planning), JIT (Just-in-time) and TQC (Total Quality Control) principles.
- Ability to correctly interpret technical drawings, including geometric dimensioning and tolerancing as well as being able to identify possible manufacturing issues and/or missing information.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing. Must be capable of writing clear, concise and logical instructions.
- Community College graduation in an appropriate trade apprenticeship or technician certificate course plus five years related practical work experience.
- OR, Community College Diploma in Production Technology, Materials Management or equivalent, plus five years production control experience in a batch production machine shop environment, together with some experience or training in machine shop practice.
- Electronic or Electro-Mechanical Technician diploma, or equivalent, would be an asset.
All applicants should apply in writing with a cover letter and resume Resources
NOTE: Only successful candidates shall be contacted for interviews.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Production Scheduling: 3 years (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)