Midstream LPG is currently seeking a Terminal Assistant to join our team located in Ernestown, Ontario. This position is responsible for providing assistance to Terminal Supervisor and ensuring operations and maintenance are completed as assigned to facilitate safe reliable plant operation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform railcar offloading and product transfer activities in accordance with operational and administrative controls.
- Execute railcar movements in to, within, and out of facility.
- Assist in inspection, maintenance and repair programs of plant equipment
- Perform inspections as required by TSSA. Weekly and detailed annual inspections as required.
- Maintain driver database for current ROT’s licenses and driver tag log.
- Perform general maintenance and housekeeping to equipment, grounds, and buildings.
- Flexible and adaptable to complete site specific duties and tasks as required.
- Flexibility with work hours (40-48 hours/week). On-call work is also required.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- Punctual, dependable, and accountable for quality and timeliness of own work.
- Mechanical aptitude, technologically competent.
- Comfortable around propane facilites
- Possess a high school diploma.
- 1-2 years’ experience in propane terminal operations or related field.
- Related Technical, Engineering or Mechanical training or qualifications is a definite asset.
- Hold, or are able to obtain necessary accreditation: TDG, WHMIS, Standard First Aid, CPA transporters license PTO-1 PPO-2
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $25.00 to $27.00 /hour