Medium sized, active real estate company seeks a controller for its’ busy Montreal office. We are a growing company that engages in the construction, development, management, administration and leasing of our portfolio and are always seeking new opportunities.
The successful candidate will provide leadership and coordination of all of the accounting functions of the company, including monthly financial statement preparation, all related reports and verifications required by management, external accountants, banks, sales GST/PST tax filings and communications with government.
This is a senior position in a fast paced environment, one in which you will report directly to senior management, and have the opportunity to be part of the management team. You will interact with all divisions of the business.
Desired Skills and Experience:
· Must have a hands-on attitude and be able to challenge the status quo
· Highly confident and a self-starter
· Ability to work with minimal supervision and direction
· Strong leadership and team building skills
· Strong math skills
· Ability to work under pressure, with tight and established deadlines, while maintaining accuracy
· Strong knowledge and understanding of internal controls
· We value experience above all else; a valid designation (CA,CPA,CGA, or CMA) is not required, but is an asset
· 3 years related experience in an accounting function
If your skills and experience meet the requirements of this position and are ready for a challenge, please forward your resume to us.
Reference ID: controllerJR2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Accounting: 3 years (Required)
- controller: 3 years (Required)