PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Within the context of Commutron Industries Mission Statement, the Electronic Assembler responsible for electrical and electronic assemblies with standard concepts, practices, mechanical drawings, and other written or verbal instructions.
Performs a variety of tasks and works under the direct supervision of production leadership.
The role is a minimum of a 40 hour work week for full-time staff. Part-time and casual are based on contract or as needed.
- High School diploma required.
- Detail oriented and accurate, able to work for long periods with up-close visual tasks, continuous fine motor skills and repetitive motion and/or sitting for long periods at a time.
- Good visual (eye) health required. A vision test from a qualified optometrist is required before securing the job.
- Electronics education and/or manufacturing experience an asset.
- Experience with detailed manual and electronic inspection instrumentation an asset.
- Good mathematical skills and comprehension: multiplication, division, addition, subtraction, fractions and decimals, measuring metric and imperial units.
- Must be able to read, understand and interpret written and/or verbal instructions and have the ability to communicate effectively, intellectually, both orally and written, with subordinates, peers and supervisors.
- Excellent sense of judgment and the ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Ability to work very closely with a team of other assemblers.
- The lifting of a minimum of 15 KG. is required. Lifting is generally at or below 25 KG. without significant repetitions.
- Moderate exposure to machinery and chemical risks is anticipated.
- To work in accordance with all appropriate Occupational Health and Safety Legislations together with the Company administrative policies and procedures.
- Commitment to on time and regular attendance to the workplace.
- Ensure duties assigned to you are understood by using work instructions, written or verbal.
- Asking immediate Supervisor/Manager if there is any clarification required and follow the work instructions to carry out assigned duties.
- Assemble electronic production components as per work orders and Commutron instructions.
- In a manufacturing setting, perform general production assembly/processing of wire cable assembly services provided to our customers.
- Much of the production steps are difficult with trying and experience, though the work does require sitting or standing for extended periods of time as well as hand strength and dexterity while cutting, crimping, stripping, connecting and testing cables made from various wires.
- Follow instructions for assembly of goods and meet production target goals on an hourly, daily and/or order based output requirements.
- Use of various handheld tools including electrical powered equipment for the assembly of various components in stage production and/or complete assembly.
- Ensure the acceptable level of quality performance, meeting requirements of customer and industry standards as measured by performance evaluations, part output and coaching.
- Ensure that Electro Static Discharge (ESD) standards are followed at designated work areas.
- Daily receive instructions at the start of a shift from manager or coordinator regarding assigned tasks for the current shift.
- Using a computer(s) for information access, production data entry, scanning, time-clock entries and so on.
- Communicate to your Supervisor/manager in a timely manner, any administrative concerns/requests.
*** Full Benefits Eligibility (co-payed) after 3 months of successful employment ***
*** Please be aware of our rural location before applying. Must live in the area or willing to relocate.***
*** Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.***
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.50 /hour
- Elbow, SK (Preferred)