Job title :
STRATEGIC INFORMATION ANALYST
TERM SPECIFIC PART TIME (0.50 FTE)
Interior Health is looking for a Strategic Information Analyst to join our team in Kelowna, B.C.! If you are interested in expanding your career opportunities, this is the position for you!
About the Role:
The Strategic Information Analyst (Range 7) will be responsible for supporting strategic information planning, analysis, and decision support within a defined portfolio. The Analyst will be part of the Strategic Information Management Department but will work closely with the Manager or Lead of the assigned portfolio and key internal stakeholders.
This is a temporary part time (0.50) position until February 1, 2021 or return of incumbent.
Some Key Duties may include:
- Provides timely, relevant, reliable, and clear information with appropriate supporting data analyses and review of alternatives to inform planning and decision-making. This will include population, service utilization, and outcomes analyses and information for use by facilities planning, senior leadership, program Managers, and healthcare providers as well as for public information.
- Provides data analysis using key data sources (population, clinical, organizational, and administrative) in response to strategic and corporate services, senior executive, and program level requests for information and analysis. This work may include data linkage, descriptive information, statistical analyses, and statistical tests of significance.
- Reviews planning and evaluation documents as well as plans for allocating resources and provides appropriate information and feedback. This will include health services plan and program planning documents prepared by Interior Health (IH) Health Services planning, Facilities Management, and program staff. Information and feedback will include providing assistance with population and utilization data as well as feedback on planning assumptions.
- Provides input and identifies opportunities for information support activities to the Corporate Director, Information Management. This will include providing suggestions and advice on important data development and future projects/analyses.
- Develops a strong working relationship with program Managers, Directors, Senior Executive members, Business Support, and others who require information for planning, managing, and evaluating services. Project support may include planning project deliverables and identifying data sources and appropriate methods to support planning, data analyses, writing summary reports, and preparing presentations.
- Responds to data and information requests from staff at all levels of the organization. Provides support and technical advice to staff on the use of strategic information resources and applications.
- Works with provincial and national representatives on strategic information projects. This may include working with the Canadian Institute for Health Information and Ministry of Health priority projects. The focus of this work will be to review key assumptions and methods, provide data, and assist with interpretation of findings.
- Works with representatives of other Health Authorities and other data custodians to support strategic information, analysis, interpretation, and reporting initiatives.
- Provides advice, analysis, and recommendations on initiatives related to data collection, database development, and data extraction and analysis to Information Support and Research.
- Works with Information Management/Information Technology and other IH staff to support timely, reliable, and consistent data reporting and analysis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Make a difference. Join a team where every person matters. Apply today!
- A post-secondary degree with completed course work in a health-related discipline, and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of two years of experience in data management, linkage, analysis, interpretation, and reporting.
- Preference will be given to a candidate with a strong health information management background including health records training.
- Experience working in a complex computerized environment.