Mission for this Position:
At Baffinland, we work and live beyond the Arctic Circle, mining iron ore at our Mary River Property, located in the Qikiqtani Region of Nunavut on Baffin Island; one of the world’s most captivating and seldom seen destinations. We are a unique company with a strong management who have amassed specialty experience on northern mining projects through all phases of Inuit consultation, permitting, construction and operation. Our workforce brings together the modern practice of safe, sustainable mining and the enduring value of a traditional culture, which is rapidly advancing. The result is a work and community experience you won't find anywhere else. We are looking for people ready to share, build, and grow with our company.
This role is an Open Posting. Open Postings do not reflect current workforce requirements. However, Baffinland collects applications from interested parties on an ongoing basis, and utilizes these applications when vacancies become available
The responsibilities of these positions will vary based on the position you are interested in applying for. A detailed job description of each position listed below will be provided when a vacany becomes available and you are contacted by Baffinland's recruitment team.
All applicants will be required to indicate ALL positions they are interested in from the list below. Please note that you should be properly qualified to fulfill the position and supporting documentation will be requested during the recrutiment process.
CAT 6030 face shovels
Pit Viper Driller
D65 Epiroc Drill
Ship Loader (Tower Operator)
992K Wheel Loader
988H Wheel Loader
950H Wheel Loader
Rock Breaker (Excavator Mount)
Sandvik DX800 drills
Sandvik DX780 drills
Crusher- Tower Operator
Wester Star 6900XD Tractor w/ B-Train trailers
Tractor & Trailer (floats)
Fuel/ Lube Truck
740B Articulated Trucks
930 Wheel Loaders
Rubber Tired Dozer
Senior Water/Sewage Treatment
General Labourer (Washbay/Greasebay)
- Perform all tasks assigned by the Supervisor.
- To follow all procedures and policies as set by the company.
- To fill out all forms required for daily operation of an assigned unit.
- To follow the Safety Plan as specified by the company and to accept the training to do so.
- Perform pre and post-operational checks of equipment as well as assisting and performing other duties
Experience operating the peice of equipment for which you are applying for is mandatory Experiance operating multiple pieces of heavy equipment is an asset.
Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions and to interpret technical
manuals and specifications as required.
- Language: Speak English, Read English, Write English (Inuktitut would be an asset).
- Previous mining experience is an asset.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work outdoors in all-weather conditions
- Physically fit to perform all aspects of job