With over 90 of innovation and dedication Harvest Meats continues to be a leader in meat processing. We produce a full-line of smoked, cured, and dried sausage products for distribution across Canada. With market opportunities and business expansion projects we’re poised for growth in the future, working with great people in an environment where respect, trust, teamwork, family spirit and safety are valued. It’s a great place for learning, growing and building careers.
· Reporting to the President & General Manager, you will be responsible for managing the production process including but not limited to, production scheduling, buying raw materials for production acquisitions and bookings, troubleshooting problems that occur to ensure the efficient, safe, and timely production of our products. You will ensure that the plant runs smoothly without interruption and that efficiencies are maximized. You will lead by example, develop employees, manage manpower budgets, and oversee all plant personnel. This is a managerial and salaried position, and as such may require work hours to extend beyond the traditional 8 hour working day, including weekends and holidays. This position is in Yorkton, SK.
- Ensures necessary resources are provided to staff to carry out job duties
- Coordinates and schedules the activities of workers between departments based on sales activity.
- Works in concert with the Office Manager to co-ordinate and the sales team to forecast upcoming demand schedules both present and future.
- Manages the morale in the facility by setting and demonstrating a strong business ethic and maintains professionalism
- Advises, supports and provides facilitation on best practices, policies and procedures (e.g. problem resolution, performance management, conflict resolution, job expectations)
- Promotes a continuous learning environment to ensure workforce flexibility and skills enhancement
- Supports effective employee relations by providing regular communications
- Sets clear expectations, evaluates employee performance, identifies gaps and creates training plans
- Promotes teamwork and provides opportunities for staff to engage in the principles of teamwork
- Leads by example and demonstrates positive workplace behaviors and attitudes
- Addresses work problems and provide solution-based recommendations
- Monitors department performance against goals to ensure that progress is being made, and that corrective action is taken if necessary
- Adheres to terms of collective agreement
- Approves overtime hours
The successful candidate will have
· Strong knowledge of the operation of manufacturing plant or facility
· Knowledge of production, occupational health and safety, food safety and quality assurance
· Demonstrated interpersonal skills; ability to mentor and guide team members
· Promotes a continuous learning environment to ensure workforce flexibility and skills enhancement
· Good problem-solving skills, planning, organizing and priority setting skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Must be open and flexible to change, take initiative
· Intermediate to advanced computer skills
· Post Secondary Accreditation
With this opportunity, Harvest Meats offers a competitive Total Compensation Package including fair and equitable wages, employer pension and employee share ownership plan, annual incentive program, comprehensive group benefits and employee discounts.
Please apply by sending a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter why you are interested in the job and which skills, experience, and/or education make you an excellent candidate for Harvest Meats.
The start date is as soon as the successful candidate is available.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates with cover letters and resumes who fit the needs of the company will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Production Management: 1 year (Preferred)