Imagine waking up every morning excited to start your work day!
You’re excited because you’re directly helping people reverse a disease. That might sound like an exaggeration, but the clinically proven truth is everyday people with a progressive disease (one they thought would rob them of their active lifestyle and ultimately steal their independence) looks to AlgaeCal for a solution - and we do come through for them! You can definitely feel great about your administrative work that is needed to support our mission of osteoporosis reversal.
You’re also excited to go to work because your teammates are some of your best friends! The office environment is a bit crowded at the moment from the rapid company growth, but you prefer to think of it as cozy.
It’s buzzing with excitement, laughter and positive energy - and somehow free of the usual office politics because of the challenging hiring and training processes. Friday lunches are particularly “cozy” as 24 “AlgaeBuds” pack around a table where you’re served a home-cooked organic feast. In many ways, AlgaeCal is the antithesis of a lame mega-corp.
But your job won’t be all high fives, rainbows, and unicorns. If you’re not working with intensity and purpose; if you’re not learning every day; if you’re not challenged to become your best version of yourself, you will stick out like the proverbial sore thumb.
However, you’re not alone on this journey. Your coach (we think “coach” is a better word than “manager”) is there to support you with one-on-one guidance so you feel fulfilled and become an AlgaeCal “lifer”.
Our goal is to help you build a career in AlgaeCal - not just provide a job. Want proof? Last year we had zero involuntary attrition indicating AlgaeCal is a place people join, love, and stay.
What Do We Do?
AlgaeCal Inc, an online nutritional supplement company, is one of Canada’s fastest growing companies! Why the growth? We offer something no other company has: a natural, clinically-supported solution to osteoporosis. Bone scans prove we are actually taking older adults with low bone density and increasing it year after year, and we need help with dozens of critical details. That’s where you come in!
What Will You Do?
If you like variety, you will love this job. You may perform step-by-step testing for our marketing campaigns one day and simulate customer orders and website checkout testing the next. You’ll be executing plans, documenting issues and conducting daily maintenance and monitoring of our systems and applications. As well as assisting the marketing team with reporting.
As an Administrative Assistant, you must be eager to learn how processes work and are motivated to fix them when they don’t. We are looking for someone with passion and drive, who can ensure that our standard of excellence is maintained on our website and in our office.
Additional responsibilities of daily operations may include:
- book travel arrangements such as flights and hotels
- light bookkeeping duties, including data entry and mailing bills, contracts, policies, invoices, and checks.
- process electronically uploaded data, enter documents with precision and accuracy and research and resolve discrepancies
- monitor and maintain office inventory
- create, edit, and update spreadsheets
- prepare packages and coordinate courier service
- perform work-related errands such as going to the post office and bank
- keep office area clean and tidy
Attention to detail is critical! We are counting on you to identify bugs before they happen and to maintain a world-class website user experience for our customers.
Our Promise to Invest in You!
Our company is built on the mantra that top performers can customize their own future with us. And we invest in the training you need to build your career.
For example, we took a group of Bone Health Consultants to a 3 day Anthony Robbins event in Chicago in August, and we will take another group in March.
And we will fly you to Los Cabos Mexico for a fully paid week of rubbing shoulders with the leaders who built this company to become one of the top .4% of all companies in North America. We believe that to “be your best, you need to hang out with the best”. And that’s exactly what you will do while enjoying the grandest beachfront hotel, delicious food, and fun adventures.
How do you know if you’re a person we invest in? Simple. You have these 4 qualities:
- You’re humble. You put the team and others need ahead of your own
- You’re hungry to learn more
- You’re people smart - in the sense that you’re a great teammate
- You’ve proven competence in your area of work
The truth is, if you don’t have these qualities you won’t last long at AlgaeCal. So if you’re missing one of them be honest. Save yourself a lot of headaches and skip to a job posting that is a better fit for you.
Salary $30,000 - $45,000
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- $2000 flexible employee health benefits package
- 100% BC Medical Services Plan coverage
- Family style team lunches on Fridays with tasty, home-cooked organic food
- Annual team trip to Los Cabos, Mexico, and other team trips and events which you are eligible for after one year of employment. This amounts to another week of paid vacation plus we cover hotel, food, flights, and entertainment.
Application Instructions - (Hint: this is your first test! Let’s see how you do with following instructions)
1) Write a cover letter addressing the following questions:
- Why do you think you're an amazing Administrative Assistant? Give specific and quantifiable examples of past achievements and/or accolades.
- Describe why you will fit perfectly with our mission and values. We actually live by these. To fit with us, you do too. Read them here: http://screencast.com/t/w7BMMeqyVc
- What's the toughest challenge you’ve ever overcome in your life? How did you overcome it?
- What are the last three books you’ve read?
- What do you do for fun?
- Explain what you're doing now for a job.
- i) If you don't have one, explain why.
- ii) If you have one, explain why you're looking elsewhere.
2) Update your resume
3) Upload your cover letter and resume in one file using the "resume file uploader". Please do not use the cover letter text field provided as we prefer to have your resume and cover letter attached as one file.
That's it. Apply now because this amazing opportunity will not be here long!
Keywords: entry level, admin assistant, administrative assistant, admin, assistant, office, Vancouver, operations, marketing, natural health, supplement, growth, growing, health
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
- administrative assistant: 1 year (Preferred)