Active First Aid Inc. is a first aid and safety personnel company operating in the Construction Industry, mainly in the Lower Mainland.
Our Mission statement is to build a World Class Company who puts their people first and creates an exceptional client experience. We have been in operation since 2009 and we are presently poised for growth. Our company is run by our mission statement and our values which consist of Professional, Walk the Talk, Invest in People and Above and Beyond.
We are seeking a part time Dispatcher to join our company, this individual will have an opportunity to grow and develop skills and be a part of a positive team. This is approximately 20-24 hours a week.This candidate will work from our Port Kells Office on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and some weekends on call work, which for the weekend the candidate can work from home.
Our successful candidate will believe in our Mission and Values and he/she will be an important part of our team. This person will be integral in maintaining connection and communication between the field staff, clients and management.
Positive and Winning Personality:
You feel confident working with diverse personalities and are approachable with strong conflict resolutions skills. You thrive on thinking outside of the box and building solutions which are concise, effective, efficient and well received. You can multitask and you can handle crisis situations which will arise. You are a positive and happy individual who enjoys communicating and listens to the needs of the client and employees.
- Extremely flexible availability, to answer calls anytime the phone rings
- Scheduling employees to different sites and emailing schedules accordingly
- Administrative work as needed, including updating internal database and email clients service agreements as needed
- Answering all office calls - this entails calls at times during unconventional hours from employees (if they are sick and can’t make it to site the next morning etc)
- Finding coverage for staff as needed
- Dispatch and scheduling experience is an asset
- Knowledge of construction industry is an asset
- Sales experience an asset
- Excellent communication skills with a fun, happy and positive personality
- Conflict Resolution skills when in stressful situations (stressful situations will happen!)
- Excellent organization/administrative skills
- Out of the box thinking skills
- Moderate to advanced computer skills and can use Microsoft office programs (ie, word, excel)
- Own laptop or pc at home for on call weekend coverage as needed
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines as required
Success in this role looks like:
- You truly believe in our core values and company culture
- Communication between office staff, field staff and clients is clear and accurate
- You are available for taking phone calls at unconventional hours at times, this may be at 3 am for example
- Our staff & clients are happy
- You are a team player with a positive, motivating personality
- You contribute to the creation, maintenance and improve systems that allow the company to achieve its goals
- You are organized and a team player
Compensation will be $18-$20 per hour ( approximately 20-24 hours a week, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday Office days) with additional payment for weekend phone coverage and after hours calls.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour
- dispatching/scheduling: 1 year (Preferred)
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Lower Mainland, BC (Required)