We are landing projects at a speedy pace and are looking for a Back-end Software Developer to champion new projects with the mindset that every challenge showcases an area of growth. We are looking for an individual who takes pride in their work as much as their team members do and are looking to showcase their skills in Typescript, Node.js, Docker, Kubernetes, Redis, & PostgreSQL in a new and modern way!
Our amazing Developers work with our designers to make the client's dream a reality. They collaborate, innovate, and follow industry best practices to launch the code that forms the heart and brain of each new project.
- Role is located in Calgary, AB with hybrid option available.
- Expected Start Date: December 30, 2021 or when successful candidate is found.
Day to Day Responsibilites
- Collaborate to plan and design custom software for our internal products and client specific projects.
- Design solutions to projects based on business requirements and specifications.
- Develop technical roadmaps for future application development projects.
- You‘ll focus on the development of back-end services and APIs.
- Building RESTful APIs, working with databases, and integrating with 3rd party services.
- Design and implement proof of concept applications as part of the research phase of the project.
- Utilize best practices to continually improve software solutions.
- Research and recommend new tools and technologies.
- Review and refactor code to optimize performance and maintainability.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Node.js with Koa.js
- Docker, Kubernetes & Pulumi
- Objection ORM + Knex.js
- App Config
- Enjoys working in an intimate team setting and has a "all-for-one, one-for-all" mentality.
- Takes pride in the quality of their work and works to match the work of the team.
- Solid understanding and experience in System Design.
- 3+ years experience in software development.
- Experience developing server-side applications with the use of Node.js, Typescript, and web API frameworks.
- Experience using an ORM.
- Experience in building, deploying, and supporting Node.js applications in a cloud environment.
- Solid understanding of SQL (PostgreSQL), ERDs, optimizing queries, transactions and caching.
- Solid understanding of ES6+ features.
- Extremely comfortable working with Node.js.
- Comfortable building and working with REST APIs.
- Improving the deployment, performance, reliability, security and scalability of our applications.
- Creating and updating technical documentation.
- Deploying, monitoring and maintaining internal and external products.
- Understanding of Agile & Scrum
- Extra bonus points for first-hand experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Jest and Mocking Frameworks and experience CI/CD pipelines.
Here at Launchcode, we focus on working hard, playing hard and making hard work fun! As a values-driven organization, every member of our collaborative and passionate team puts their heart and soul into the custom work we do. We are a competitive and compassionate bunch who motivate each other to continuously grow and innovate when taking on new challenges. We're a leading custom software provider who is growing year after year, with a 16 year history of creating amazing custom work and the drive to constantly expand our portfolio. Check out our Dribbble page (launchcode) to experience some of our amazing past work.
With our head office located in Calgary, AB and our products spanning across the United Kingdom, Australia and to the United States... We intend on taking over the world one custom piece of software at a time and do not plan on slowing down! A private squash court and gym, along with our fancy shmancy workshop with all the cool tech is just the start of how awesome we are. We operate with our clients and our team like they are family and that's why we are so excited to have you here as we are looking to bring a new member in!
Launchcode is a proud and affirmative equal opportunity employer that is dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender identity, age, martial status, disability or any other legally protected status. Launchcode makes hiring decisions based on solely on qualifications, merit and the current business needs. We encourage everyone to apply.
Job Type: Permanent
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Relational databases: 3 years (preferred)
- Node.js: 3 years (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19