Shoppers Drug Mart #252 - Parkgate Village (North Vancouver, BC) is currently accepting resumes for 2x permanent PART TIME POST OFFICE CLERKpositions currently open within our location. Applicants who have previous Shoppers Drug Mart and/or Canada Post Retail experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate must have afternoon and evening availability including weekdays, weekends, and statutory holidays.
This position would be a good fit for a college/university student or someone looking to supplement their current earnings, and the successful candidate must have weekly availability of 12 hours or more.
Given our business requirements as well as sales traffic, this individual must be able to work quickly and efficiently, while completing many tasks and responsibilities by themselves or with little supervision. An ability to comfortably lift 50lbs by yourself (equipment and aids are available for your use), as well as climbing ladders above 6ft off the ground, is a requirement. Applicants should have an exceptional attention to detail, an ability to multitask, an ability to take initiative to complete a variety of tasks independently, as well as possess strong skills in maintaining cleanliness and organization within their working environment. Lastly, the successful candidate will be required to promote products and services of Canada Post; as well as other internal and corporate initiatives, while maintaining exceptional speed and accuracy while completing transactions.
*DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides superior and efficient customer service
- Answers enquiries and resolves customer complaints regarding postal services
- Abides by the customer service program (SERVE) as prescribed by Canada Post Corporation
- Maintains a neat and organized postal service area and presents proper image to public according to Uniform Policy and Dress Code Guidelines (eg. clean appearance, approved uniform, name badge)
- Ability to upsell and recommend postal services and promotions to all customers
- Ensures loss prevention systems and procedures are performed according to guidelines
- Controls cash, money order, and stamp inventory in accordance with prescribed cash handling policies and procedures
- Maintains proper security of cash and mail
- Assists in maintaining and controlling the inventory of stamps, money orders, registered mail, etc. in compliance with the policies and procedures of Shoppers Drug Mart and Canada Post Corporation * Maintainsand controls the cash register in the department in compliance with policies and procedures
- Complies with all health and safety regulations
- Complies with all store policies and procedures
- Complies with loss prevention policies and procedures and ensures they are executed in the department
- Perform other duties as required including Cash duties
Planning, Judgement and Decision Making*
- Problem solving to ensure customer satisfaction
- Plan work to maximize efficiency and minimize costs
- Troubleshoot cash and tally differences
- Experience with registration and postal authorization issues
- Customer service oriented
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate
- Register Skills
- Organized and detailed oriented
- Efficient time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Commitment to providing customer service
- Ability to work flexible shifts which may include nights and weekends
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb ladder
About Shoppers Drug Mart:
Shoppers Drug Mart Corporation is one of the most recognized and trusted names in Canadian retailing for over 50 years. With more than 1,253 Shoppers Drug Mart and Pharmaprix stores operating in prime locations in each province and two territories, the Company is one of the most convenient retailers in Canada. Shoppers Drug Mart is a unique and independent operating division of Loblaw Companies Limited.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- retail customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- North Vancouver (Required)
- English (fluently) (Required)