Role The Controller oversees the accounting operations of the Khowutzun Development Group of Companies. They report to the Chief Financial Officer and Chief Executive Officer.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of full-cycle accounting
- Work with senior management to prepare annual budgets.
- Monitor budget to actual results, analyze variances and prepare reports.
- Generate monthly, quarterly, and annual internal financial statements and reports for operating companies.
- Assist the CFO with the preparation of reports for the Board of Directors.
- Complete year-end working papers for the group of companies.
- Ensure effective cash management by monitoring payables and receivables.
- Supervise the finance team, assign tasks, manage performance, provide training and development and corrective actions where required.
- Follow internal control procedures and implement improvements as required.
- Identify and implement new technologies to improve productivity, accuracy and reporting.
- Oversee annual renewal of insurance policies and benefits plan.
- Prepare annual pension plan report.
- Approve and process payroll, prepare and remit source deductions.
- Prepare and remit returns for GST, PST, benefits, pension, WCB, etc.
- Review and approve payments.
- Monitor inventory costing and prepare adjustments for units produced and sold.
- Ensure compliance with applicable rules, laws and regulations.
- Work with the CFO, CEO and Director of Projects to assess the viability of economic development opportunities.
- Assist the CFO with various projects.
- Additional duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA designation or equivalent education and experience
- 5 years’ experience in accounting
- Supervisory experience at a management level
- Ability to gather and analyze information and apply critical thinking
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Ability to handle sensitive information
- Experience with QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Duncan, BC V9L 6P4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Accounting: 5 years (preferred)
- Chartered Professional Accountant (required)
Work Location: In person