Clinical Research Assistant II
- Work as an integral member of an experienced research team
- Oversee day to day operation of research and data collection activities
- Patient recruitment and follow up
- Maintain records of research activities
- Prepare regulatory applications and ensure reporting to various parties is performed according to SOPs and policy, including Research Ethics Board submissions, etc.
- Liaise with research team members (locally and/or at study sites), Research Ethics Board staff, study sponsors and others as required
- Organize various study meetings, site monitoring visits, other research related meetings and events Monitor study budgets
- Other study-related duties as required.
- Relevant experience or education health sciences field
- At least 2 years’ experience as a Clinical Research Assistant
- A comprehensive understanding of the clinical research process
- Evidence of training certification in Tri-Council Policy Statement -2 (TCPS-2) and the International Conference on Harmonisation – Good Clinical Practice Guidelines (ICH-GCP)
- Evidence of training in Food and Drug Regulations, Division 5, and/or Device Regulations, as applicable
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (written and oral) as well as interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with e-CRF forms
- Ability to prioritize workload
- Flexibility to accommodate periodic demanding deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a changing, multiple-demand setting, to prioritize a large volume of work
- Experience in recruitment of patients for clinical research
- Clinical Experience
- Clinical Research Certification (ACRP or SOCRA)
- Familiarity with neurological problems and their management
This is a full-time non- union position with an initial term of one year and the possibility of renewal.
Min: $23.897/hr. -Max: $28.151/hr.
Comments to Applicant:
Please send a complete CV with description of research experience ro:
Name: Carol Freedman BMR (PT)
Title: Research Project Manager Ottawa Health Research Institute
Address: 501 Smyth Road, Room 4105, Ottawa, ON, K1H 8L6
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those invited for an interview will be contacted. The Ottawa Hospital Research Institute is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.