Director Of Care
Cedarvale Terrace Long Term Care Home
Are you an individual that has a passion for making a difference?
At Cedarvale Terrace Long Term Care Home we are passionate about ‘Making Every Moment Matter.” We are seeking a candidate that shares our values - a person who has a passion to make a difference, who has a strong moral compass and has a commitment to teamwork.
At Cedarvale Terrace, we are passionate about providing compassionate care for families loved ones, where the residents of our home come before anything else. Our values at Cedarvale Terrace follow a ‘People’ focused Philosophy, P articipation E xcellence O penness P erformance L ongevity E fficient Use of Resources. This philosophy can be seen in every aspect and level of our home.
A day in the role of the Director Of Care at Cedarvale Terrace Long Term Care Home
At Cedarvale Terrace we believe in continuous learning, and therefore you will be placed under high expectations to continue to grow personally and professionally in your role. The Director Of Care is responsible for providing care to our residents directly and indirectly through our nursing team. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides a cheerful and energetic environment for the nursing team that supports growth and development, as well as provides leadership to the resident care team in all aspects of resident care within established legislative standards and professional standards,
- Directs the implementation and review of relevant company policies, procedures and processes required to meet government legislation and industry standards,
- Ensures all residents receive care and services according to their needs,
- Monitors the quality of nursing services and administers long term strategic plans for nursing,
- Implements goals and objectives to achieve the corporate vision for resident care,
- Ensures risk management process is adhered to by reviewing staff and resident incident reports, monthly indicators, Public Health Inspections, Ministry of Labour inspections, Accreditation reports, etc.,
- Ensures nursing team works in a safe workplace environment through the implementation of safe work practices and service guidelines,
- Recommends and participates in the termination of nursing staff according to facility policies, procedures and collective agreements,
- Ensures appropriate documentation and maintenance of records including resident health records, personnel records etc,
- Delegates clinical and managerial responsibilities as well as provides direction and leadership,
- Assists with the development of succession plans and identify employees with growth potential for development,
- Effectively manages human, material, and fiscal resources,
- In collaboration with the resident care team develops resident focused programs, policies, and procedures,
- Maintains Legislative Compliance with all appropriate legislation especially the LTCHA and Regulation 79/10,
- Monitors the quality of care and services delivered to clients through effective quality improvement activities.
At Cedarvale Terrace Long Term Care Home we take pride in our employees, so your qualifications are important to us. We use them to get to know you and see if we are a good fit for each other. The qualifications needed to join our family at Cedarvale Terrace are as follows:
- A positive mindset, as well as a connection with our values,
- Current RN certificate of competency from the College of Nurses of Ontario in good standing,
- Comprehensive knowledge of evidence based clinical practices,
- Comprehensive knowledge of long-term care concepts and philosophies,
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
- Policy and program development,
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year of experience working as a RN in the long term care sector,
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of experience working as a Registered Nurse in a managerial or supervisory capacity in a health care setting,
- Or must have held a Director of Nursing position at a different LTCH without meeting the updated qualifications set out in the Regulation, on the condition that the person has had (3) years full-time experience in the position during the (5) years immediately before being hired at the different LTC home or the equivalent part-time experience in the position during the (7) years immediately before being hired at the different LTCH,
- Knowledge of RAI-MDS - AIS certified, if not must be completed successfully within one (1) year of being hired,
- Must have a clear vulnerable sector screen, no older than 6 months TB results less than 6 months, evidence of flu shot, must be able to provide three work references.
Why work with us?
Working with us at Cedarvale Terrace provides a way to make a difference in someone’s life every single day, and an opportunity to make every moment matter. We as an organization are committed to providing our employees with everything they need to be successful, such as support that allows our employees to grow and prosper.
As a Director Of Care at our home, unlike in a fast pace turn out organization such as a hospital, it is easy to see how you or other employees of Cedarvale Terrace affect our resident’s daily life. This also allows you to make personal long-lasting connections with our residents and make relationships with patients as well.
We also provide competitive salaries and benefits package.
How to apply?
Please submit a resume, cover letter and references. We look forward to speaking with you, and making every moment count!
Our organization takes the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities into account during the position summary review process. Employees are required to notify their director manager/supervisor if they have any particular accessibility needs and the organization will work with the employee to address them.