Job Located in Fort McMurray, Alberta :
This is a unique opportunity for a seasoned executive to shape an organization in the early stage of its launch. ATC Ventures is a new, for-profit corporate arm of Athabasca Tribal Council (ATC), an alliance of four of our five First Nations from the Athabasca Region. The company has been established to bring a specialized and dedicated focus to attracting investment capital and partnership opportunities that will provide revenue sources and finance projects in the First Nation communities that we serve, complementing ATC’s mission to enrich the well-being, health, and prosperity of our people.
The CEO broadly manages the business and affairs of the organization. At this early stage of ATC Ventures’ evolution, the CEO will, in collaboration with the Board of Directors, be leading the development of the strategic plan, establishing the team and setting up the operation, while hitting the ground running on targeted networking and corporate development with the investment community, government and private sector businesses on a national level that have shared interests.
This is a role that requires organizational leadership as well as hands-on, tactical management as you establish the vision/strategy and execute the plan. As a well-qualified candidate for this position, you have substantial senior leadership experience where you have demonstrated the ability to implement the vision in a start-up/early-stage business, leverage your network and industry profile to establish partnerships, secure investment and funding, and lead the growth of a profitable business.
You are a strong communicator and relationship builder who values collaboration and can navigate a complex multi-stakeholder environment with ease, have a track record of deal making and negotiation, and are known to be a take charge leader who motivates their employees and nurtures a culture oriented toward achievement.
The first year measures of success and detailed outline of the key responsibilities for this role are outlined in the full opportunity profile on our website at http://atcfn.ca/job/atc-ventures-ceo/
The successful candidate will have the following professional qualifications:
- Substantial years of experience in managing start-ups or early-stage businesses as a P&L owner
- Industry experience in the energy sector, infrastructure and/or real estate would be an asset
· Strong familiarity with key players on a national level in the investor community and private sector, built through reputation and experience funding deals and establishing partnerships
- Experience in provincial and federal government relations and advocacy, and strong familiarity with funding programs, grants, etc., built through experience being approved and administering programs
- Accomplished in building out business propositions and projects in excess of $10M
· Substantial experience in contact and long term agreement negotiations.
- An understanding and appreciation of the Indigenous culture and the Treaty with good working relationships within the First Nations
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Business Administration degree or equivalent; a Master degree in Business, Finance or related is preferred
In addition to the above, they will demonstrate the following attributes:
- Ability to plan broad, long-range goals (strategic) and translate plans into results through achievable, actionable steps
· Takes command, is focused on results and able to lead through others
- A relationship builder and influencer
· Substantial experience in contact and long-term agreement negotiations.
· Ability to build consensus and relationships among all stakeholders
- Communicates effectively, clearly expressing ideas, being explicit about expectations and keeping others well informed
- Fosters collaboration and uses influence to work through challenging situations and manage conflict
· Adapts with ease in an evolving role with competing interests, priorities and deadlines and varied stakeholder interests
Please note that only those candidates that have the required experience will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in ATC Ventures.
The selected candidate must successfully complete a background credit and criminal check and, where required, additional screening, security or others, that may be required by business partners.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Similar : 10 years (Preferred)