JBS began operating in 2005 and has quickly risen to the top as a leader in the manufacturing of manure spreaders, forage trailers, bedding throwers and other related agriculture products. All JBS equipment is designed and manufactured in Mission, British Columbia, Canada, in a state of the art fabrication and assembly plant. The success of JBS is due in a large part to the fact that every machine is designed and developed in direct consultation with the customer, and is customized to their needs.
Since JBS was founded, we have continued to develop current products and design new ones. All of the JBS product groups are put to the test in the field to ensure excellent quality and functionality. JBS customers can rest assured they are investing in a machine that will maintain high productivity and give a worry free performance for years to come.
We are looking to add an Assistant Controller to our team who will contribute to the efficient and effective workings of the finance department. The Assistant Controller will work closely with the Controller on the financial management and oversight of the organization. The position requires a high degree of cost accounting knowledge with strong interpersonal and management skills.
- Complete job costing and profitability analysis of manufactured equipment – while identifying and tracking key patterns and benchmarks to improve profitability.
- Assist in the oversight and execution of day-to-day finance functions including A/R, A/P, inventory, payroll, and cash management.
- Oversee inventory management and costing.
- Create and update month end schedules and prepare related reports and month end journal entries.
- Assist Controller with Monthly and Year End tasks
- Full-cycle bookkeeping for various companies in the group
- Assist with the process of establishing and monitoring the annual budget.
- Development of departmental policies and procedures, including job descriptions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education / Job Requirements
- The candidate shall have minimum of 3-5 years accounting experience, and 2-3 years of supervisory experience.
- University degree in accounting or finance.
- CPA certification (CA, CGA or CMA) is required.
- Deep understanding accounting principles and job costing.
- Must have experience with internal control functions.
- Must have manufacturing industry experience or experience with job costing.
Qualities & Aptitudes
- Very good organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work in a team setting.
- Able to work under pressure and to respect deadlines.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office (Excel and Word) – Intermediate level.
- Experience with QuickBooks Pro or Enterprise 2014 – 2017 is considered an asset.
What We Offer
- Safe and reliable working environment.
- Clearly defined, competitive compensation based on experience and qualifications.
- Overtime available.
- Extended health care benefits.
- Opportunities for development, growth and advancement.
- Discussed at Interview
* Please no phone calls. Candidates chosen will be contacted for an interview*
Job Type: Full-time
- Manufacturing: 2 years (Required)
- Quick Books: 3 years (Preferred)
- Accounting: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- CPA (CA, CGA, or CMA) (Required)
- English (Required)