Job Summary: This four-day per week position is offered in partnership with the Province of Ontario through the Job Creation Partnerships (JCP) program. Reporting to and working directly under the supervision of the Director of Operations, the Graphic Design Coordinator will be responsible for providing graphic design support to the festival’s administrative, marketing and sponsorship teams.
- Design various promotional materials for the 2022 festival, including festival signage, brochures, daily grids, program
- Maintain and update the graphic design file organization and signage inventory
- Design and produce posters and advertisements for all off-season events
- Design and produce invitations and/or laminates to onsite sponsor events
- Prepare photo layouts for all festival reports
- Design Sponsor report templates
- Maintain folder of approved artists’ photos
- Design, update and coordination of other projects as required
- Liaise with printers to obtain quotes and arrange the printing of festival materials
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office/Google Apps, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe PDF, Asana.
- Ability to create print-ready files
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Proven success multi-tasking in a high-pressure environment and to think creatively and strategically
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Bilingualism is an asset
Additional Qualifications Required:
Eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnership (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
1. You are a resident, living in Ontario.
2. You are not a full-time student (part-time students are eligible).
3. You are not leaving employment to participate (working less than an average of 20 hrs./week is considered unemployed.
4. You also must meet, and provide documentation for, at least one of the following criteria:
a. Previously established an Employment Insurance benefit claim (regular benefits within the last three years or maternity/parental within the last five years), OR
b. Previously employed in Canada in any five of the last ten calendar years and earned gross income in excess of $2000 in each calendar year.
The Ottawa Festival Network requires all individuals participating in JCP to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination as a condition of the festival opportunity.
$600 (gross) per week for 32 hours / $18.75 per hour provided by the Province of Ontario.
Forward your resume and cover letter. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please visit: http://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/. Ottawa Festivals welcomes and encourages applications from all eligible individuals.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Salary: $18.75 per hour