Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 3000 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a thriving organization that’s purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
As an Administrative Assistant your responsibilities will include:
- Working independently and within a team environment to support the client service staff to produce high quality client deliverables
- Managing electronic and paper-based client files and compilations of tax returns
- Format financial statements in compliance in Firm standards
- Preparation of letters and reports using firm templates in compliance with Firm standards
- Proof-read, review for quality and verify content before finalizing any client deliverables
- Preparing hard files for clients based on requests from the external client service team and new client setup processes
- E-filing as required
- Scan documents and embed in electronic file
- Participate in training and stay current with GT software
- Provide billing support using various Grant Thornton systems and in accordance with the terms of the engagement letter
- Assist in the preparation and submission of time and expense reports for the partner(s) supported
- Organize information and maintain database for marketing purposes using our contact relationship management software
- Plan and coordinate cost-effective and sometimes complex domestic and international travel arrangements and itineraries for individuals and groups
- General administrative duties including, but not limited to: reception, filing, photocopying, scanning, faxing and mailing
Be Grant Thornton
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts “we before me”, where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues’ stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you’ve got what it takes to be an Administrative Assistant? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
- 2-4 years of recent administrative experience
- Excellent data entry and word processing skills with high attention to accuracy and detail. Must have an aptitude for proofreading and suggesting alternatives
- Professional and eager to learn with a desire become a strong contributing member of our administrative team
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and be skilled at working within tight deadlines
- Take initiative, with strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent client service mindset
- Computer savvy with the ability to learn and troubleshoot various computer programs including Microsoft Office
- Experience with AP, AR, or any accounting software is an additional benefit (Ex. Caseware)
- Experience in financial statement preparation an asset
- Occasional overtime may be required during peak season
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
What's in it for you?
Profit sharing, Flex days, RRSP contributions, Firmwide holiday closure, Wellness benefits, Concierge-like benefits, Work from anywhere in Canada in the summer for 4 weeks, and more!
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?