Mirmil Products is seeking experienced cabinet makers.
Job Overview: Cabinet Makers are responsible for the fabrication and assembly of millwork pieces, doors and door frames, and cabinetry, using a variety of woods and laminates.
- Reading and understanding architectural drawings, blueprints, and specifications
- Operating all tools and machinery associated with woodworking such as power saws, jointers, and shapers, and use hand tools to cut, shape and form parts and components
- Trim joints and fit parts and subassemblies together to form complete unit using glue and clamps and reinforce joints using nails, screws or other fasteners
- Sand wooden surfaces and apply veneer, stain or polish to finished products
- Organizing and sorting parts in preparation for assembly.
- Constructing cabinets and other millwork pieces
- Constructing custom items to the highest possible standard of quality.
- Complete trim work, fine trim work and fabrication and assembly of hardware
- Assembling complex items using plastic laminates, wood veneers, metals, glass, and solid surface materials.
- Working to AWI/AWMAC premium grade standards.
- Instruct beginners and supervise the work of others if need be.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- 5+ years of experience
- Ability to use hand tools, power tools, saws and routers in a safe manner
- Knowledgeable in many kinds of wood
- Knowledgeable in veneer – i.e., how to match, install and apply it
- Able to communicate and interpret both imperial and metric units
- Team player
- Positive attitude
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Willing to train new employees
- Good problem solving and time management skills
- Able to multitask and prioritize tasks depending on timelines and work in a fast pace
- Extreme attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be capable of lifting and handling sheet goods and standing for extended periods
Wage will be based on experience. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you to all who apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Cabinet Making: 3 years (Required)