Flusher Truck Operator - Canada Badger Daylighting Ltd™, (“Badger”) is North America’s leading provider of non-destructive hydrovac excavation services. Badger traditionally works for contractors, engineers, and facility owners in the oil and gas, power, municipal, transportation, industrial, and commercial construction industries. We have been designing and manufacturing our Hydrovac System for more than 20 years, continually improving the safety, efficiency, and productivity of the system.
The Badger Hydrovac uses high pressurized water to flush out sewers, pipelines and drains in a safe and precise manner.
Job Summary: Seventy percent or more of the job's work time is spent operating the on-board combo Flusher truck system outside the truck performing high pressure water jetting, pipeline cleaning and sewer and drain cleaning.
The job requires typical construction type hours with some weeks being less than 40 hours and other weeks very busy requiring 50 plus hours. Badger is a 24/7 operation.
- A DZ driver’s license is the minimum requirement needed
- Willingness to follow Badger’s best practices with focus on ‘Best Operator, Best Truck’.
- Must possess and exhibit strong safety acumen and demonstrate safe work practices.
- Previous Hydrovac, trucking, vacuum truck or other related oil and gas experience preferred.
- Mechanical inclination an asset.
- Must be able to work independently and demonstrate a strong customer service focus.
- First Aid, C.S.T.S., H2S, Fall Protection, Confined Space, and Ground Disturbance are preferred.
Essential Physical Functions/Requirements of the Job:
- Hear and distinguish emergency signals and instructions while on duty.
- Must be able to repetitively sit, lift, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, reach and crawl.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in all outdoor elements for extended periods of time.
- Confined Space Entry may be required to accomplish tasks for some clients when applicable.
- Be able to wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
- Must be able to climb ladders, and work from stationary platforms from elevated heights.
- Must be capable of working extended hours and variable shifts.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
Job Type: Full-time
- truck driver: 1 year (Preferred)
- class a cdl: 1 year (Preferred)