Reporting to the culinary leadership team, this position is responsible for playing a large part in the actual production of each meal.This role assists the First Cook and Jr. Sous Chef in all areas of the kitchen including food production, standards, and kitchen sanitation.
- Organize and prepare mise en place
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe to prepare soups, salads, gravies, sauces, and entrees
- Prepares meat, fish, vegetables and other foods for roasting, broiling, grilling, braising, sautéing and steaming
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications
- Follows proper plating presentation and garnish set up for all dishes
- Prepares items for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and marinating
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, convection oven, flat top range, and refrigeration equipment
- Assists with cutting, precooking and marinating during off-peak periods as needed
- Constantly use safe and hygienic food handling practices
- Make sure all storage areas are tidy and all products are stored appropriately
- Serve menu items compliant with established standards
- Use food preparation tools in accordance with manufactures instructions
- Set up stations and collect all necessary supplies to prepare menu for service
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the health and safety program
- Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Culinary education and training
- Certifications as required to comply with local Health codes
- 1-2 years of culinary experience in food service or hospitality industry
- Must be able to work in hot, humid, cold environments
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Required to move, lift, carry, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance
- Stand, sit or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire shift
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting and pulling
- Move through narrow, confined or elevated spaces
- Move up and down a ladder
- Move over sloping, uneven or slippery surfaces.
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka is committed to building a more diverse workplace and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
- cook: 1 year (Preferred)