Halifax Language Institute of Canada (HLIC) is a dynamic English school located in the Atlantic Canada region of Nova Scotia. We cater to a variety of students’ program needs, and also offer customized English programs for employee groups. Our teachers are professional, caring, well-educated, and dedicated, and will go the extra distance to teach you English. In addition to classroom instruction, students are exposed to the richness of Canadian history and culture through numerous trips and excursions.
At HLIC, our mission is to provide students with unique communication programs that will improve their English language proficiency, confidence, fluency, and accuracy. We strive to provide all of our students with the skills necessary to succeed in a personal, academic, and/or professional capacity.
As we set up a strategic plan to significantly increase the enrolment from mainland China in the next 3 years, we are now looking for a Student Assistance Officer who will be responsible for our student daily study and administrative services of the school. The candidate can timely solve the problems of students, providing students with a supportive learning and living environment and preparing them for university life or labor market upon graduation from HLIC.
Job Title: Student Assistance Officer
Job Type: Full-time
- Carry out administrative activities associated with admissions to HLIC;
- Answer phone calls for a general request for HLIC information with respect to studying;
- Analyze and oversee operations related to daily administrative work;
- Build wide and strong relationships with Chinese students, their parents, and HLIC’s teachers;
- Able to coordinate services such as airport pick and accommodation for new students;
- Assist new students with their placement test, registration process, and orientation of HLIC and its environment;
- Able to help students set up the bank account and SIM card; answer inquiries from students and their parents;
- Collect students and teachers’ feedback about teaching and learning, homestay and student residence feedback, prepare students’ academic reports in Chinese and communicate with parents and Chinese partner schools;
- May coordinate administrative tasks, such as scheduling meetings, monitoring incoming emails and relaying students’ inquiring telephone calls, administration, purchasing supplies, telecommunications, printing and translating relevant materials for Chinese students;
- Standardize HLIC’s file system for document filing, organize and update student file system regularly;
- May cooperate with HLIC’s accountant to analyze and set up the administrative budget;
- Establish daily work priorities and ensure that work is completed accurately and meet requirements and procedures.
Qualifications Needed for the Position:
—A university degree in Education is preferred;
—A minimum of 5 years’ work experience in high school, college, or university;
—Capable of handling multiple tasks;
—Strong interpersonal skills;
—Able to make quick decisions;
—Must be bilingual, fluent in both English and Mandarin;
—Familiar with Chinese culture and customs, social norms, etc.
We only accept applications by email. Please do not call our office to ask about the application status. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for the next step.
Halifax Language Institute of Canada
Spring Garden Place
405-5640 Spring Garden Road
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3J 3M7
Job Type: Full-time
- high school, college, or university work: 5 years (Required)