Group Benefits and RRSP Matching Program
Assembly Technician Job Responsibilities:
Produces components by assembling parts and sub-assemblies. Candidates should posses a sense of pride in their work, willingness to work as part of a team as well as on their own, and the ability to think critically.
Assembler Job Duties:
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
- Positions parts and sub-assemblies by using templates or reading measurements.
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and sub-assemblies.
- Perform welding duties in accordance with Work Orders and Inspection Sheets
- Verifies specifications by measuring completed component.
- Resolves assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
- Keeps equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality forms.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Assembly Skills and Qualifications:
Controls and Instrumentation, Equipment Maintenance, Manufacturing Experience, Manufacturing Quality, Mechanical Inspection Tools, Tooling, Safety Management, Quality Focus, Power Tools, Judgment, Decision Making
Education and Experience:
- Welding Certificate, Diploma and or Newly Grad
- Valid CWB Welding Ticket an assest
- 1-2 years of welding experience
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $24.00 /hour
- welding: 2 years (Preferred)
- reading blueprints: 2 years (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)