VIVRS Specialized Employment Coordinator (SEC) will be devoted to serve specialized populations including individuals with diverse abilities, multiple barriers to employment and survivors of violence/abuse, to assist them in obtaining and maintaining employment. The SEC will be responsible for providing day-to-day case management of Clients throughout the WorkBC Employment Program the SEC will coordinate services and supports needed towards employment including referrals to appropriate services within WorkBC and/or resources in the community, as well as provide placement and job sustainment services.
Case Management Services
- Establish rapport and develop working relationships with Clients by providing services in a manner that is welcoming, safe and professional and ensures that their privacy rights are protected;
- Determine Client needs through the Work BC Client Needs Assessment process including: determining employment readiness by completing in-depth identification and analysis of a Client’s employment; experience, strengths, and skills, values, interests and barriers and determine needs;
- Develop an individualized Action Plan and ensure Client is engaged, committed and in compliance with Program requirements;
- Complete Disability Related Needs Assessment to determine disability related employment supports as necessary;
- Identify need for more in-depth diagnostic assessment to clarify additional employment barriers and services required through referral to Specialized Assessment;
- Provide information and referral to services based on eligibility including but not limited to access: Work Experience, Skills Enhancement, Self-Employment, Customized Employment, Job Search, Assistive Technology and/or Financial Supports within WorkBC;
- Keep current of and provide orientation about available local programs and services to meet the Client needs;
- Carry out extensive Labour Market Research to support a well-informed employment goal, and in preparation for Placement support, including identifying trends, job postings, potential employers and arranging/attending informational interviews;
- Hands-on Job Search including creating competitive job search tools -resume/cover letter-, job applications and employment coaching;
- Provide necessary supports for Clients to be successful during Work Experience placements in the form of Onsite support or Financial supports as needed;
- Collaborate with VIVRS Placement Team to support Clients and establish and maintain relationships with employers through timely referral to placement interventions.
- Case manage caseload from start to finish for all assigned clients including clients on different interventions: Pre-employment, Job Search, Customized Employment and/or job sustainment as needed;
- Maintain regular client contact as per WorkBC policy;
- Carry out referrals to VIVRS service streams: Customized Employment, Job Search or Job Sustainment;
- Exercise a high-level accuracy and documentation to comply with WorkBC contract needs.
- Coordinate onsite supports based on Client needs with the Placement Team as needed.
- Coordinate job sustainment support with the Outcomes Team as needed.
Skills and Qualifications
- Post-secondary degree in relevant field (e.g. career development, vocational rehabilitation, social work, human services, education, human resources, counselling, etc.) combined with;
- 5 years experience working with specified specialized populations
- Knowledge of Labour Market trends
- Working towards or holding professional designation such as CCDP, RRP, etc.
- Criminal Record Check (vulnerable populations)
- Driver’s license and own transportation
- Some flexibility in work hours will be required
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $26.00-$27.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Covid Policy and Procedures are in place. Social Distancing, wearing masks are mandatory, Office Policy and procedures posted and provided to all staff
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- related: 5 years (preferred)
- Driver Licence (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19