Are you an enthusiastic, highly motivated person that would love to start your career in the retail industry with U-Haul?
If you are looking for an excellent opportunity that will allow you to grow in an exciting work place; look no further.
U-Haul is growing with more than 1700 Moving and Storage locations in the U.S. and Canada, it’s no wonder our company has been an excellent source of career and personal growth opportunities for more than 70 years!
We are seeking High Energy, Positive individuals that like to make customers smile!
In this role you will be part of a driven team and working alongside with some of the top managers in our industry. As a Customer Service Representative you will enjoy flexible scheduling around school, sports and family life! You will work with other team members who have a similar passion for working with customers and making their day. You will be a part of a team that gives back to your community and environment! Our associates receive opportunities for growth and advancement and can be promoted into Assistant Manager and General Management positions!
U-Haul meet our customers’ needs and demands. U-Haul’s needs for Customer Service Representatives are significantly greater on evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Day to day duties of a Customer Service Representative:
As a Customer Service Representative you will interface with U-Haul customers to identify what they are looking for so that you can recommend the best moving supplies or storage solutions for their moving needs. A Customer Service Representative will assist customers inside the U-Haul Center by educating them on our products and services, answering questions, and preparing rental invoices. Once properly trained, Customer Service Representatives may also assist customers outside on the lot as well by installing trailer hitches and light wiring harnesses on customer's vehicles, ensuring vehicle fluid levels are properly filled, performing clean-up of trucks, trailers, and other rental items, and accepting equipment returned from rental.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Interact with our guests in a friendly, fast, courteous and efficient manner
- Attention to detail in order to promote positive customer interactions
- Hear and sense customer needs and keep your manager and fellow team members informed
- Complete training and maintain knowledge by participating in on-line and hands on educational and training opportunities
- Take pride in every aspect of your work and perform it with energy and enthusiasm
- Be a strong team player, with a commitment to continuous learning who provides high quality service to our customers
Click on the link below to learn more about the job.
- Very Competitive Pay
- Flexible Hours
- Military Veterans highly encouraged to apply
- Uniforms Provided
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to maintain a good driving record to operate commercial motor vehicles
- Adhere to all local state and federal vehicular regulations while driving
High School Diploma or equivalent
The work involves moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions, e.g., working around moving parts or machines, fumes or irritant chemicals. May be required to use protective clothing, or gear such as masks, goggles, gloves or shields.
The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing, walking, recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching or similar activities, and lifting a minimum of 50 lbs assisted or unassisted.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 20-30 per week
Salary: From $15.00 per hour
- Company events
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Weekend availability
- Weekends only
We have installed plastic barriers, provide face masks and have sanitizing readily available. Masks required by patrons also.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kitchener, ON N2C1X4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)
- G2 or G Licence (required)
Application deadline: 2022-07-01