We believe that outstanding care starts with outstanding people.
At Runnymede Healthcare Centre, we actively cultivate work-life balance and invest in the resources our staff needs to do their best work.
Our award-winning, fully accredited hospital takes an interprofessional team approach to care. We provide comprehensive clinical services to patients who require expert treatment, extended rehabilitation and daily care beyond what can be provided at home or in the community. At Runnymede we have a single, clear purpose: improve the quality of life of every patient, every day.
If you want to join a centre of excellence with a multidisciplinary team who supports the delivery of patient-centered care, we want to hear from you today.
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN – Temporary Full-Time:
The Pharmacy Technician provides support to and works under the supervision of the Pharmacist. This position is responsible for dispensing and distributing medication, in addition to material management services; including acquisition, storage, and expiry date monitoring and accounts payable activities.
Application Deadline: January 24, 2020 @16h00
- Dispense medication orders for patients including Leave of Absence (LOA) medications consistent with established procedures, practice standards and safety requirements.
- Issue Narcotics and Controlled Drugs consistent with standards for security including maintenance of a perpetual inventory record and regular delivery to the patient care units as needed.
- Provide and maintain Ward Stock to patient care areas as part of the stock replacement system.
- Ensure appropriate documentation for all issues and monitor expiry dates, stock levels, etc.
- Prepare bulk compounded products.
- Monitor expiry dates and remove expired products for disposal, destruction or return to manufacturer consistent with pharmacy policies and manufacturers’ protocols
- Repackage medication (regular and Narcotic and Controlled Drug stock).
- Maintain stock of the Pharmacy Night Cupboard and the Emergency Drug Boxes.
- Monitor stock levels and initiate the acquisition process in a timely manner consistent with legislated and contractual obligations as well as Runnymede Healthcare Centre (Runnymede) procedures.
- Place orders according to Runnymede policy while maintaining appropriate documentation, e.g., purchase order copy, receiving report, invoice copy and other relevant documentation.
- Receive and verify orders, follow up on back orders and resolve outstanding issues.
- Receive and document shipments of Narcotics and Controlled Drugs consistent with legislated requirements and ensure secure storage of same.
- Maintain patient files including data entry, medication order files, non-formulary drug requests, etc.
- Completes workload measurement reporting as per Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care guidelines and Runnymede policy.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications/experience:
- Graduate from a CCAPP Accredited Pharmacy Technician Education Program
- Registration with the Ontario College of Pharmacists as a Pharmacy Technician
- 2-3 years of experience in a Rehabilitation/Complex Continuing Care Hospital Pharmacy Department or an Acute Care Hospital Pharmacy Department preferred
- Familiarity with pharmacy automation system is required
- Sound working knowledge of computer applications i.e. Meditech
- Experience with implementation and operation of pharmacy information systems and electronic health record an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Evidence of good performance history and attendance record
- Must be available to work weekends
While we thank all applicants, only those under consideration for the position will be contacted. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources.
Runnymede Healthcare Centre values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to employment equity and providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA).
Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment purposes only and not for any other purpose.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Hospital Pharmacy Department: 2 years (Preferred)
- pharmacy automation system: 1 year (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)