The Mechanical Assembler is responsible for assembling, parts and components including the set-up, operation and maintenance of complex and simple machinery. The mechanical assembler will be responsible for installing, fastening and aligning various parts and components on large and small assemblies using hand and small power tools; utilizing crane and hoists to position, and clean components, troubleshooting and, diagnosing defective components.
Essential Job Function
- Assemble parts according to specifications using assembly drawings, schematics and assembly instructions.
- Fit parts to very close tolerances and operating requirements.
- Use of hand tools such as wrenches, screw drivers and precision measuring equipment including torque wrenches.
- Experience using hand tools is an asset (drills, grinders, sanders and rivet guns)
- Maintains assigned work area and equipment in a safe and professional manner.
· Maintain and adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Components range from small parts to large parts for assembling. Components range from 5lbs to 500lbs depending on the job.
- Provide relevant information regarding progress to team lead and /or to supervisor.
- Perform all duties in accordance with health and safety safe work requirements;
- Any other related duties as assigned.
- Completion of Secondary School diploma or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with mechanical and or assembly experience.
- Mathematically inclined
- Strong level of mechanical aptitude
- Ability to understand blueprints and other technical drawings.
- Excellent time management skills and self-motivator.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work in isolation or with a team
- Willingness to extend knowledge and ability in the role
- Manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination required
- Manual lifting of various weighted products may be occasionally required
- Use of personal protective equipment may be required
- Overtime work may be required
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as required to needs the ongoing needs of the organization.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract