COOKS - We offer an excellent benefit package, staff meal program and generous rewards and recognition programs!
Hollyburn Country Club is a premier private family Club, situated in the British properties in West Vancouver that offers an outstanding employee experience. We are firm believers that everyone should enjoy their work. We offer benefits for both full and part time employees, employee engagement initiatives (staff events and games), employee recognition programs and development opportunities.
The Club: Hollyburn Country Club is a private family Club that provides its members with an exclusive hub for activity, sport, dining, entertainment, socialization and business.
· Our Club is a home away from home for many of our members
· We believe in living our value of Service Excellence through accountability, adaptability, empathy, enthusiasm, initiative and teamwork
The Position: We are looking for a full-time cook. The pay range we are offering is $17 - $22 per hour based on experience.
· We offer an excellent benefit package for part-time and full-time employees
· We also offer an internal staff meal program
· Ability to work flexible shifts (days, evenings, weekends and holidays)
· Two years’ experience in a similar kitchen facility
· Certificate in cooking or equivalent experience
· Own transportation is an asset due to the Club’s remote location
· You agree to get a Criminal Record Check with a vulnerable sector search
· Preparing and plating food items for service following standard recipes, using safe and sanitary food handling practices
· Following prep lists, undertaking basic cooking duties and maintaining a clean and orderly kitchen
· Complying with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
· Performing other kitchen duties as assigned
The Location: Hollyburn Country Club is located in West Vancouver at 950 Cross Creek Road. Prior to applying for this position, we strongly encourage you to Google our location to ensure that you will be able to travel to and from work as public transportation is limited.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.00-$22.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Hollyburn Country Club is committed to keeping its members and staff safe during Covid-19. The safety and well-being of members and staff is our top priority. At Hollyburn, each department is equipped with it's own Covid-19 training and protocols.
- cooking: 1 year (Required)
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (Required)
- Prepare, season and cook food as directed, meeting dietary requirements where required
- Follow recipes and presentation specifications
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently
- Clean and maintain station in practicing good safety and sanitation
- Maintain inventory and record of food, supplies and equipment
- Adhere to all sanitation and food production codes