Be a part of our dynamic team and bring your previous experience and knowledge of intrusion, fire, card access and IP camera technology to work for the leader in verified electronic security.
We are seeking a highly motivated/technically inclined individual to be part of our Commercial Installation Team and will be responsible for following all safety guidelines applicable to this position.
This individual will be responsible for the installation of our products from start to finish. Duties include working with blueprints, drawings, mounting devices, performing wire runs, programming and testing the completed system, and at times support of a junior technician.
We offer solid, stable employment and great earning potential. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with industry experience to join our growing company.
We offer a home base in Mississauga, with clients in the greater Toronto area and beyond.
Visit our website: www.sonitrolcanada.com
COMPANY OVERVIEW Sonitrol offers the most unique, comprehensive electronic security protection available today. The ability to verify an alarm event in real time gives Sonitrol unrivaled credibility with local law enforcement. That is a key advantage as a growing number of municipalities pass Verified Response regulations requiring verification that an intrusion is actually taking place before police will dispatch personnel to the site. Our integrated service includes verified audio detection, access control, video surveillance, fire and perimeter detection and verification, low false alarms and the highest apprehension rate in the industry. At Sonitrol, we work to build relationships for life by exceeding expectations. That's our mission statement and we stand by it. Our highly trained professionals offer the best customer service possible. Our confidence in our systems and the people behind them is backed by a commitment to service that includes a satisfaction guarantee, service guarantee and a false alarm guarantee.
- Two+ years alarm experience
- High school diploma
- Electronics background helpful
- Ability to climb ladders and work from height
- Ability to lift 22.5 kgs
- Ability to perform wire runs
- Good time management
- Experience using hand and power tools
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record
- Solid people skills
- Strong computer skills/background
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Superlative customer service skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving ability
- Available for scheduled “on-call” for emergency calls (evenings & weekends)
- Evaluate, diagnose, trouble shoot and perform repairs as necessary
- Read and understand paperwork describing scope of work
- Flexibility to travel and stay overnight for occasional out of town installations
- Competitive wages
- 40+ hours per week
- Paid overtime
- Company vehicle
- Paid benefit plan
- Paid Time Off Days
- Paid Holidays
- RRSP with Company Match
Job Type: Full-time
- Alarm Technician: 2 years (Required)
- Mississauga, ON (Preferred)
- G Class Driver's Licence (Required)
- English (Required)