RailTerm is a diversified, safety oriented, rail services contractor with operations throughout North America. We provide custom service solutions to rail operators who wish to outsource mission-critical activities.
This opportunity is for you if…
…You’re a natural leader geared towards safety, quality and client satisfaction.
What's in it for you?
- A workplace where safety is the priority;
- The opportunity to work on new LRT infrastructure;
- A competitive base salary;
- An incentive compensation program;
- A company vehicle;
- Generous group Insurance coverage;
- A retirement plan with employer contribution;
- Other advantages such as paid prescription safety eyewear!
As part of our Maintenance group assigned to the infrastructure maintenance of the Waterloo Light Rail Transit (WLRT) and reporting to the Senior Manager, Infrastructure Maintenance, the Manager, Traction Power & Overhead Contact System (TP&OCS) is responsible for leading and overseeing a group of Journeyman/Powerline Technicians/Electricians in the execution of light rail systems maintenance, specifically for the Traction Power and Overhead Contact Systems.
This is a full-time permanent management opportunity based in Waterloo, Ontario.
Key Responsibilities and Functions
- Be a leader and promote RailTerm’s safety culture and compliance to standards and policies;
- Be an ambassador of RailTerm when interacting with customers, suppliers and employees;
- Report and escalate all accidents/incidents and participate in the incident investigation and review processes;
- Act as a role model when it comes to safety, quality of work and efficiency of operations.
Employee Oversight and Maintenance Coordination:
- Direct, coordinate and support the work of the TP & OCS Group, under the direction of the Senior Manager, Infrastructure Maintenance;
- Ensure that the work performed by the group of Electricians/Technicians is in accordance with the Project requirements and applicable standards;
- Perform reporting duties as per the Maintenance Plan and Region of Waterloo requirements);
- Act as a leader in terms of safety, providing guidance and information on safety practices, procedures or policies;
- Perform Safety Audits and follow-up on non-compliances and corrective actions. Participate in accident investigations and disciplinary measures if and when required;
- Provide technical support to the TP & OCS Technicians;
- On-call coverage for emergency response.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in traction power or overhead contact system installation or maintenance;
- Post-Secondary education diploma in a relevant field (ex: electricity, electronics, telecommunications, etc.);
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, circuit diagrams and electrical code specifications for light rail traction power and overhead catenary systems;
- Having an Electrician certification is an asset;
- Demonstrated leadership and coordination skills;
- Ability to manage priorities and plan work accordingly;
- Ability to work under pressure and take ownership of escalating issues;
- Safety minded work ethic;
If you believe you have what it takes to take on this challenge, click on "APPLY NOW" to apply.
Note that only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, RailTerm will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. Please inform the recruiter of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
Job Type: Full-time
- Supervision: 5 years (Required)
- Traction Power or Overhead Catenary System install or mtnce: 10 years (Preferred)
- Electrician and or Powerline (Preferred)