Senior Operations Accountant
The Emil Anderson Group, through its subsidiary companies, performs civil construction, land development, new home construction, commercial construction, and road maintenance throughout British Columbia. To support the growth of our business and our Finance team, we are looking for a Senior Operations Accountant. This is a full-time position reporting to the Chief Financial Officer.
This position offers the option for a hybrid work arrangement, combining both remote and in office work. Additionally, we are also open to considering candidates for a 100% remote work arrangement.
This is an excellent opportunity to continue your finance and accounting career at a large, diversified company with a supportive culture. With our company-wide commitment to training and development for all individuals, you will be supported throughout your career. EAG provides competitive wages, health benefits, and a robust RRSP matching plan, with opportunities to apply your skillset and continually learn and grow within your role.
The Senior Operations Accountant will work collaboratively with business operations and our accounting team to ensure the accurate and timely recording and reporting of operating results.
- Finance business partner driving to help management and operations achieve project and business unit profitability and cost effectiveness
- Provide financial support and analysis to operation teams as required
- Work with operating groups to design KPI dashboards
- Ensure projects are setup correctly in our systems
- Continuous improvement driving standardization of project and accounting processes across all companies to improve efficiencies
- Oversee monthly work in progress accounting and reconciliations
- Monthly project reporting, including project revenue, cost, margin, variances and other KPIs
- Monthly project backlog analysis and forecast
- Assist in the annual budget and quarterly forecasts as required
- Assist in project and business unit cashflow forecasts
- Support the month-end closing process by working with operations teams to meet deadlines
- In depth knowledge of contract requirements for billing
- Project specific reporting and analysis for internal and external clients
- Working with operation teams, ensure conditions for financing and monthly draws are met
- Project and business unit variance analysis of financial results against both budget and forecasted results
- Maintains systems, procedures, and policies in accordance with company guidelines
- Other projects and duties within the financial services department as assigned
- Professional and Technical Capabilities
- CPA Recognized professional accounting designation – or working towards
- Minimum 5 years of related accounting or financial analysis experience required with at least 3-5 years of overall accounting experience related to project accounting or financial analysis required
- 1-2 years of leadership experience an asset
- In depth knowledge of operational accounting, revenue recognition, job profit analysis, cost analysis, budgeting, and forecasting
- Experience applying complex job costing principles and variance analysis
- Exceptional computer skills with Microsoft Office and Excel (including VLOOKUP, Pivot Table, IF Functions) and accounting systems and project related software
- Experience with Vista by Viewpoint preferred
- Proactive and effective communication - ability to communicate with internal and external personnel, liaise with multiple stakeholders and prepare professional presentation documentation.