The Raptors is hiring! We are a birds of prey organization with the goal of encouraging conservation through education. Part of our organization is dedicated to sustainable farming and food production, at our nearby farm.
The Raptors is looking for a Farm Production assistant who would be helping in all aspects of operating a working farm. The goal is to find a team member who helps to drive us to become more green, environmentally friendly and sustainable in keeping with the conservation mandate of The Raptors.
This is a Co-op contract (Jan-April), funded position for an applicant under thirty years of age, and qualified applicants must have a degree or diploma in a STEM field. This is a part-time (2-3 days/week, with flexibility) position
Responsibilities would include:
· Assisting with all aspects of a working farm
· Day to day care and maintenance of food production including produce, apiculture and production animals (quail)
· Assisting with food harvesting
· Day to day maintenance and care of the farm facilities
In addition to various other projects.
The suitable candidate would have:
· (Required for funding): A degree/diploma in a STEM field in progress.
· Experience with basic animal husbandry
· Farming experience (including use of tractors, tools, etc.)
· Ability to be adaptable to working on multiple projects
· Strong work ethic
· Passion for environmental conservation
Exceptional candidates may also possess the following:
· First aid training and experience
· Outdoor field skills
· Public speaking and/or education experience
Starting wage is $16-$17/hour depending on experience. Criminal record check required.
Contract length: 4 months
Application deadline: 2020-12-16
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $16.00-$17.00 per hour