Who are we?
Distech Controls, an innovation leader in energy management solutions, provides unique building management technologies and services that optimize energy efficiency and comfort in buildings, while reducing operating costs. We Connect people with intelligent building solutions through our passion for innovation, quality, customer satisfaction, and sustainability. The company serves multiple market segments through its worldwide business divisions, service offices and a superior network of Authorized Integrators. Distech Controls, Inc. is a subsidiary of Acuity Brands Lighting, Inc. For more information visit www.distech-controls.com
What will be your role?
We are presently recruiting for a Customer Service Representative who will be one of the first points of contact between our customers and the company. Our Customer Service Representatives work in a dynamic customer centric environment and play an important role in maintaining a level of service that sets us apart from our competitors. You must provide exceptional customer support and go above and beyond to address the needs of customers in regular situations as well as in more difficult contexts.
Under the supervision of the Customer Service Director, you will be responsible for managing tasks related to customer service such as processing customer orders, return of merchandise authorization requests and the purchase of Field Device products. You will also manage, research and resolve inquiries, concerns, and issues and will work collaboratively with the sales team in the exercise of their functions.
What will you do?
- Work closely with internal and external team members (ex. Production, Shipping, Accounting, Sales) to execute, prioritize and schedule orders to ensure high customer satisfaction;
- Respond to customer inquiries (email or phone);
- Order processing via different sources (e-store, email, phone);
- Contribute to Field Device product sales by identifying add-on sales opportunities with existing clients
- Software / License activations;
- Create and place purchase orders and proactively follow-up with suppliers for Field Device products;
- Process return of merchandise requests;
- After sales services;
- Prepare sales and/or customer service related reports;
- Participate in regular departmental meetings;
- Understand and follow ISO processes specific to the role;
- All other related tasks.
Which candidate profile are we looking for?
- College degree or equivalent experience;
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Customer Service with a manufacturer or distributor;
- Strong customer-centric mindset, cultivate and maintain relationships with customers and suppliers;
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Perfectly Bilingual (English and French, spoken and written);
- Excellent interpersonal skillsand teamwork;
- Effectively manage time and multiple priorities;
- Ability to work underpressure in a fast-paced environment and comfortable/adapt with/to change;
- Results driven; Meet and exceed key performance metrics
- Ability to analyze information, ask probing questions and make decisions related to order processing/deliveries and client inquiries
- Contribute to continuous process improvements
- Must possess a professional and friendly attitude
- Attentive to details;
- Experience with an ERP system.
- Experience in coordinating purchases/drop shipments for delivery to customers;
- Intermediate/ Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook);
- Experience in manufacturing sector
- Experience in international business transactions and shipments (ex. Letter of credit, requirements of certain countries);
- Knowledge of Building Automation and/or HVAC and/or telecommunication equipment;
- Knowledge of the Syteline ERP system;
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics or other CRM software.
- Experience in an inside sales/call center environment
Why work for Distech Controls?
- Dynamic workplace and fast growing international company
- Modern work environment designed for our employees
- Indoor and outdoor bistro areas, lounges, coffee stations and gym
- Playground including foosball and ping-pong tables
- Situated near Quartier Dix 30
- Accessible transit service
- Continuous professional development program
- Competitive salary and extensive benefits, including annual performance bonus, group insurances and retirement program
- 5 floating days and 3 weeks of vacation from year one
- Reward programs
Job Type: Full-time
- Customer service: 2 years (Preferred)
- English (writing and speaking) (Required)
- Spanish (asset) (Preferred)
- French (writing and speaking) (Required)