Drying Room & Processing Labourer
North Battleford, Saskatchewan
REPORTS TO: Master Grower
1. OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Handling and transporting all harvested plants from cultivation rooms to the drying room.
· Handling, transporting and disposing of all waste material from cultivation rooms.
· Monitoring status of the dry room and all product in the process of drying.
· Recording wet and dry weight for all products including flowers and trim;
· Overseeing bulk packaging, transfer, and storing of product in the vault.
· Preparation of product for shipment to third party processing companies.
· In collaboration with the Inventory Controller, develop procedures for inventory management, including tracking and allocation of physical space, shelves, containers within the premises including inventory protocols in compliance with the Cannabis Act.
· In collaboration Inventory Controller, develop product scheduling to support development objectives.
2. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensure compliance with regulations.
· Ensure plants are processed in a quick and efficient manner, while ensuring high quality product standards.
· Track the amount of unusable waste for each plant/batch.
· Assure daily compliance with company policies including but not limited to: Cannabis ACT, Health Canada Regulations and Compliance, security protocols and access protocols.
· Maintain that all drying room, vault, and processing rooms are clean and sanitized at all times according to SOP’s.
· Ensure that all sections of drying and processing rooms are in compliance with Health Canada regulations and guidelines.
· Maintain accurate records of daily processing and dry room by communicating those records to management.
· Work as a member of a fast-paced team environment to help ensure we meet team goals.
· Possess a willingness to work hard and learn every day.
· Learn and perform proper techniques for harvesting, drying and curing Cannabis.
· Follow appropriate control measures to prevent mixing of batches and/or weights of batches.
· Perform in-process and post-process quality assurance testing by conducting visual inspections to ensure the product meets or exceeds set quality standards.
· De-nug product and prepare it for the next stage of processing.
· Conduct quality control inspections of dried, de-nugged product.
3. QUALIFICATIONS AND BEHAVIORAL REQUIREMENTS:
· Minimum 3 years in a teamwork environment.
· Must be able to work well in a group and independently and demonstrate self-motivation and initiative.
· Experience in a similar setting and willingness to work in loud, confined spaces.
· Ability to perform a monotonous task with great efficiency without losing quality.
· Experience in a manufacturing and processing environment an asset.
· Knowledge of Cannabis Act and Regulations an asset.
· Exceptional oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization.
· Commitment to continuous professional development.
· Excellent leadership skills, problem solving skills and decision-making skills.
· Proficient with computers, Excel, etc.
· Team oriented focus and coaching management style an asset
· Extremely organized and high attention to detail
· High work ethic standards a must
· Flexibility to deal with constant changes in policy, procedures and techniques and have the ability to work under presser with tight deadlines.
· Strong analytical skills, strategic and tactical thinking, and a working knowledge of risk assessment and mitigation approaches
· Ability to work in warm temperature controlled cultivation rooms similar to a greenhouse with full PPE.
Application Deadline: 2021-04-07
Expected Start Date: 2021-04-06
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.00-$15.01 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place