Join a financial group that’s as committed to your future as you are. At MUFG, we share a vision for our future, we share our successes, and we strive to bring out the best in each other in everything we do. As the 5th largest bank in the world, our diverse team is connected by a common ambition to create change for the better—from forging more dynamic career paths to driving progress in our communities, to continuously reshaping the standards of global financial services. Positive impact starts here; see the change you can make as we strive to become the world’s most trusted financial group.
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with over 2,700 locations in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. MUFG aims to “be the world’s most trusted financial group” through close collaboration among our operating companies and flexibly responding to all of the financial needs of our customers, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world. MUFG’s shares trade on the Tokyo, Nagoya, and New York stock exchanges. For more information, visit https://www.mufg.jp/english
Risk Management, AVP
This position provides integral support to MUFG Bank Canada's Second Line of Defense to manage risks inherent with its Treasury Activities. Working closely with the VP - Treasury Risk and Head of RMD, the role is responsible for supporting the developing, measuring, monitoring and analyzing of the firm's liquidity risk, counterparty credit risk, interest rate risk and market risk exposures.
- Working with and implementing regulatory initiatives, guidelines and requirements via support to policy development, testing and reporting methods.
- Providing timely information, reporting and responses to internal parties and regulatory agencies as requested.
- Keep abreast of the changing regulatory environment to Treasury risk management and recommending best practices within the organization in order to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Contribute to the Bank’s Integrated Risk Management Committee reporting package which includes the preparation of market based information and presentation material for the quarterly meeting.
- OSFI and applicable Basel III or other initiatives.
- Review and contribute to enhancement of the Bank’s Treasury risk policies (i.e. Liquidity, Market and Interest Rate Risk policies).
- Leverage Treasury Risks control experience to strengthen and add value to the Bank’s existing limit management and risk monitoring functions.
- Regularly support the update and new policy and guideline proposals.
- Ensuring adequate oversight of portfolio monitoring and risk reporting.
Risk measurement, monitoring and control
- Conduct daily/monthly/quarterly operations including monitoring and reporting of Treasury Risk Management limits' framework including but not limited to Risk Appetite metrics, Tier 2 and Tier 3 limits, EWIs, Stress testing, among others.
- Recommend effective risk measurements and assessment systems, including reporting metrics.
- Manage the Annual Review and Limit Calibration process for established Treasury Limits and provide sound recommendations to Senior Management for approval.
- Responsible for completing the quarterly compliance review and regulatory attestation for Senior Management's review and sign-off.
- Actively pursue opportunities to automate and optimize the risk processes
- Partnering with the lines of business to assess risks and risk mitigation strategies to ensure alignment with the limit's framework
- Head Office and Head Office for the Americas Policies
- Supports the coordination and implementation of HO and HQA initiatives, policies and guidelines.
- Participate in other Committees or Working Groups as assigned
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Assist with ad-hoc analysis of processes or controls and with departmental initiatives as required
- Develop robust processes to ensure the quality and integrity of portfolio data
- This position requires a minimum of 5 years’ overall banking experience of which 3 years in areas related to Treasury Risk Management such as:
- Liquidity, Market and Interest Risks, risk management.
- Strong understanding of Banking sector Financial Statements as well as capital markets' products and key risk drivers.
- Ability to digest, interpret and make recommendations on organizational changes stemming from regulatory, head office and/or industry changes/initiatives.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and respond to competing priorities and deadlines.
- Strong PC proficiency using reporting and researching tools, Microsoft Office, Bloomberg or equivalent and databases.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel: pivot table, VBA programming (or equivalent programming skills), financial modeling.
- Sound understanding of financial instruments / products (i.e. credit, investments, derivatives) & strong analytical ability and risk management knowledge
- Strong relationship management and effective communication skills.
- Advance level in PowerPoint and excellent presentation skills.
- Minimum: A university degree in business/finance, economics or mathematics. Additional industry related training is considered beneficial.
- Completion of a master's degree, accreditation, designation or equivalent (e.g., MBA, FRM, CFA) is preferred.
The above information on this job description has been described to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents. Other duties and responsibilities not specifically described may be assigned from time to time, consistent with knowledge, skills and abilities of the incumbent.
Chartered in 1981 and assuming its current identity as MUFG Canada Branch, our Canadian Branch is the premier Asia-based global bank in its market. We serve local and Japanese clients from the Atlantic to the Pacific with financial expertise across a number of key industries such as oil and gas, pipelines, power generation, automotive, transportation, and telecom. The receipt of this application by MUFG Bank, Ltd., Canada Branch (“MUFG Canada Branch”), does not imply or guarantee employment. MUFG Canada Branch is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or in any other aspect of employment on the basis of the grounds enumerated in the Canadian human rights act. In addition, MUFG Canada Branch complies with applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. MUFG Canada Branch provides accommodation to individuals in accordance with the requirements outlined in the Canadian human rights act and the Canada Labour Code.
©2020 Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. All rights reserved. The MUFG logo and name is a service mark of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc., and is used by MUFG Bank, Ltd., Canada Branch, with permission.