The Occupational Therapist (OT) is an integral member of the Occupational Therapy service, Allied Health and clinical programs in which care is provided. As an integral member of the Complex Continuing Care team, the successful candidate will: provide both formalized and functional assessment, program planning, treatment intervention and evaluation in the occupational performance areas of self-care, productivity and leisure to complex patients in an inpatient setting; prescribe aids, assistive devices and wheelchairs; conduct home assessment in preparation for the patient’s discharge; collaborate with interprofessional team in providing patient focused care; educate and supervise Occupational Therapy students; participate in professional, program and hospital committees; participate in Program planning/development, professional and hospital initiatives; comply with and commit to patient safety responsibilities and corresponding hospital plans, policies and procedures, in order to ensure a safe environment for patients.
- Completion of Bachelors of Science Degree in Occupational Therapy (BScOT), Master's Degree preferred
- Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario (COTO)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (B Level or C Level) Heart Saver Plus Canada (on employment)
- Membership with Professional Association (e.g. CAOT, OSOT) is preferred
- Experience with Rehab and Complex Continuing Care preferred
- ADP Authorization for Communication Aids category preferred
- Demonstrates effective written, oral and nonverbal communication skills
- Demonstrates competence with departmental and hospital safety, emergency and infection control procedures
- Ability to exercise sound clinical judgment and to function in an independent, self-directed manner
- Computer proficiency required
March 10, 2020 CLOSING DATE: Until filled
If you are interested in making a contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
UHN thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.