Job Purpose: As a Project Manager, you will research plan, execute, and evaluate corporate project/process initiatives within established timelines and budgets, build and lead project teams, and ensure confidentiality and quality control throughout the project life cycle.
- Lead/facilitate the planning and/or implementation of projects by developing detailed project plans, defining resource requirements, and monitoring/communicating project progress
- Liaise with service providers, project sponsors, and stakeholders to plan, communicate, and coordinate project strategies
- Review and negotiate statements of work (SOW) with service providers, submitting finalized agreements to project sponsor for approval
- Collaborate with project sponsor to develop project charter and scope; ensure adherence to charter by monitoring quality, budget, timelines, and resources throughout the project life cycle
- Manage changes in the project scope, identify potential issues or opportunities, and recommend/implement process and/or project plan changes as necessary
- Prepare project status reports on a regular basis and submit to project sponsor, stakeholders, and/or managers in a timely manner
- Reconcile conflicting priorities within project initiatives or within cross-functional areas by researching issues/concerns and recommending and/or implementing solutions
- Motivate, develop, and monitor project teams to ensure successful delivery of project objectives
- Maintain open communication and cooperation with staff to ensure a friendly and efficient work environment
- Maintain thorough knowledge of and adhere to project management and/or process improvement methodologies
- Work collaboratively to achieve departmental and organizational goals by way of ongoing support to the Project Management Office
- Bachelor’s degree or a diploma specializing in project management or business, plus 4 to 6 years of job related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation would be considered an asset.
- Strong negotiation, persuasion and communication skills.
- Strong business acumen.
For further information and to apply online, visit www.scu.mb.ca/careers by the closing date of June 9, 2019
We are committed to employing a diverse workforce and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time