Contract Term: 26 Weeks Start Date: ASAP End Date: After 26 weeks
Work Schedule: 4 business days per week (32 hours) Location: Remote and Downtown on Daly
Summary: Reports to the Executive Director and the Technical Director. The Communications & Festival Assistant will support the festival’s 2022 festival preparation and event planning by contributing to the communications and outreach efforts of the Digi60 Filmmakers’ Festival.
- Respond to emails and inquiries regarding the festival, communicates with festival participants.
- Help create media or press releases.
- Meet regularly with the programming team: send invitations, maintain files, arrange logistics as needed.
- Update festival contact lists and prepare newsletters and other documents as needed.
- Be the main point of contact for partners, existing sponsors and registered participants, ensuring their needs are documented such as logos, banners and other marketing material are collected for promotional purposes.
- Facilitate complementary and event tickets processes.
- As needed, encourage/enforce any COVID-19 policies at festival venues.
- Work with the coordinator to assist with recruiting, scheduling, and managing volunteers.
- Visit film sets, festival events and write social media posts or take BTS photos as needed.
- Help support social media / content plan if needed.
- Assist the Festival Coordinator: help prepare and provide general administration and travel support as needed.
- Support the Festival Coordinator and various event programmers onsite as needed.
- Post event: Help evaluate and make recommendations, help with year-end wrap up and reports, send communications and feedback surveys.
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least one year work experience in administration, communications, festival event work or similar role
- Proficient with Google Business Suite
- A people person who is positive, responsible, respectful, and enthusiastic
- Well organized, works well under pressure and independently if needed, and takes on projects simultaneously and autonomously
- Knowledge of implementing social media/content plans, Canva or Adobe Premiere an asset
- Excellent oral skills in English, French is considered an asset
- Experience in event management or the arts sector would be considered assets
ADDITIONAL QUALFICIATIONS REQUIRED:
Eligible to participate in Employment Ontario’s Job Creation Partnership (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
1. You are a resident, living in Ontario.
2. You are not a full-time student (part-time students are eligible).
3. You are not leaving employment to participate (working less than an average of 20 hrs/week is considered unemployed).
4. You also must meet, and provide documentation for, at least one of the following criteria:
a. Previously established an Employment Insurance benefit claim (regular benefits within the last three years or maternity/parental within the last five years), OR
b. Previously employed in Canada in any five of the last ten calendar years and earned gross income in excess of $2000 in each calendar year.
$600 (gross) per week (working four days/32 hours averaging $18.75 per hour).
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Contract length: 26 weeks
Salary: $18.75 per hour