Lyrebird Online Academy is a branch of Lyrebird Academy of Dramatic Arts, and teaches English and effective communication skills online.
We are seeking experienced and passionate preschool and elementary school teachers to teach young ESL students English and effective communication skills online.
Lyrebird Academy is based in Vancouver BC. However, we have non-local and overseas students participating in online classes. We are open to non-local and international candidates applying for these positions.
Our students are aged 2.5+ years. We teach phonics, nursery rhymes, poems, songs, vocabulary, story time and drama activities to our youngest students. Students who have the maturity and literacy, also receive online training in interview skills, creative writing, story telling, public speaking, and rudimentary performance skills. The emphasis is always on teaching English and effective communication skills while building our students’ confidence, literacy and creativity.
- Masters or Bachelor's degree in English, Drama, Speech Pathology, or related fields
- Teaching certification
- Extensive teaching experience with preschool aged and/or elementary aged children and youth
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience and high level of comfort with teaching online
- Experience preparing students for LCM, Trinity and RCM speech and drama exams
- Flair for drama and engaging young students
- teaching: 5+ years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
Industry: Education and Schools
Application deadline: 2020-08-01
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $40.00 to $50.00 /hour
- Teaching: 5 years (Required)