Junior Property Accountant
The Louie family is one of the most prominent and respected families in Western Canada. The family-owned businesses that comprise the holdings of the family were founded in 1903 as a single general store and now include the widely recognized brands of IGA, Marketplace IGA, Fresh St. Markets and London Drugs as well as the London Air and Sonora Resort service businesses. Corporate operations and daily business activities of each business unit continue to be guided by the vision and clear community values of the Louie family. These operating principles have led to the companies being among the most trusted in their respective industries.
As part of planning for the continued success of their business operations, the Louie family has created a new corporate entity named Hathstauwk Holdings Ltd. (“Hathstauwk”) to strategically manage their diverse real estate assets. Hathstauwk is currently seeking a Full Time Junior Property Accountant. This is an opportunity to join a vibrant and positive team and contribute to a growing company rooted in the values of respect, kindness and longevity.
The role of the Junior Property Accountant (JPA) is to process daily transactions and assist in reviewing and reporting financial results for a portfolio of properties. The JPA will begin with basic entry level properties and increase to complex properties following comprehensive training and additional experience. The successful JPA takes full ownership of their portfolio including both technical and non-technical aspects.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Review and enter AP & AR into the accounting system as needed.
- Post monthly rent charges for commercial and residential tenants.
- Assist in preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting packages and analyses against budget and prior year as required.
- Be able to perform various basic accounting functions.
- Liaise with Property Accounting Manager, OPS team and tenants regarding account matters relating to their account.
- Assist with annual property tax invoices for tenants.
- Prepare and post monthly recurring journal entries.
- Assist in new property set up, analysis, and follow up of outstanding issues as required.
- Prepare monthly bank and taxes (GST, PST, Parking tax) reconciliations including follow up and correction of outstanding items.
Who you are:
- Two or more years’ related experience in full cycle accounting combined with AP/AR, general accounting and bank reconciliation knowledge.
- Experience in Real Estate/Property Management industry is an asset.
- Post-secondary education in accounting is preferred.
- Proficient in preparing monthly reconciliations and working papers.
- Basic skills in in CAM reconciliation is required.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Word. Experience with specialized computer software is considered an asset, including: Yardi Voyager 7S, ImageNow, PeopleSoft.
- Ability to allocate one's time effectively, work under pressure and manage tight deadlines; ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities, adaptable, detail-oriented, and accurate.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team.
If interested, please submit a resume along with a cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work applicable to this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Job Type: Full-time
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Richmond, BC V7A 4X5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Accounting: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person