SPB Solutions Inc. is the Canadian leader of food and agricultural by-products recovery and collection. The materials collected are reengineered, processed and converted into high-quality products for animal feed manufacturers. Our commitment to technology/innovation allows us to be efficient in our processes and take up on new materials generated by evolving food and agricultural processing industries. Our processes have a direct positive impact on the environment! Our company is growing and is based in Quebec and Ontario.
Do you want to work in your local community at a stable, well-run business that values you and your abilities? If so, we’re SPB Solutions Inc. in Peterborough, Ontario and we’re looking for a Production Operator to join our growing team.
To operate feed mill equipment including mobile equipment along with administrative functions and basic maintenance / inspections in accordance with company policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operation of pellet mill and related equipment including mixers, hammer mill, elevators, dust collection equipment, baggers, bulk load out and mobile equipment
- Grind, mix, pelletize as required; assist with testing / new product development, bagging
- Assist with maintenance and die / roll changes / screens / hammers etc
- Perform daily lubrication of pellet mill
- Perform bulk loading tasks including rail car loading with related equipment
- Perform daily inspections and regular cleaning of mobile equipment
- Assist with trouble shooting of equipment / product problems
- Inspections / cleaning of all mill equipment / magnets / bin floors / basement etc
- General warehouse / exterior / by-product clean-up, garbage and recycling
- Communicate with fellow workers / supervision regarding productivity items
- Sort / dump by-product drybox and drum products
- Work in a respectful and safe manner
- Availability to work shift work and / or shutdowns / weekends
This description covers the principal job duties, and does not necessarily reflect all duties that may be involved in this job.
QUALITY RESPONSIBILITY & AUTHORITY
All SPB Solutions Employees have the authority to stop a process to prevent non-conforming product.
- Exemplary attendance record.
- Timely turn around of bulk loading
- Cooperation with fellow employees and supervision
- Safety performance
- Improve performance through 5-S
- Good oral and written skills (English)
- Strong mechanical aptitude and competency in working with hand tools
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Preference given to experience mobile equipment operators
- Good motivational skills, be dependable and reliable
- Ability to sustain high standards in excellence, cleanliness and in organization
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $18.50 /hour
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Profit Sharing
- RRSP Match