..... Every Child and Youth living life at their full potential.
At Grandview Children’s Centre, we provide paediatric assessment, treatment, rehabilitation services and specialized programs and services to children and youth with communication, physical and developmental needs in the Durham Region. We are dedicated to supporting every child and youth live life at their full potential. We foster development, growth and personal achievement for our clients their families and for our staff members. Our team-oriented approach supports our staff to collaborate, share ideas, and work with a variety of professional disciplines in a stimulating environment with an exceptional variety of opportunities in the field of paediatric rehabilitation.
If you are looking for a career that offers personal and professional rewards, a once in a lifetime capital expansion project and makes a real difference and impact the lives of others, then Grandview Children's Centre is the place for you! We are now accepting applications for the following position.
Psychologist / Psychological Associate - 37.5 hours/week Contract - January 2, 2020 – June 30, 2020
Under the direction of the Clinical Manager and support from the Chief Executive Officer and the Medical Director of Grandview Children’s Centre, the Psychologist / Psychological Associate provides consultation, assessment, diagnosis and direct services to clients and families primarily associated with the Autism Diagnostic Hub. Services to other clients will be provided as determined by the interprofessional team. In addition the Psychologist/ Psychological Associate provides clinical support within an interprofessional team of regulated health professionals to ensure a high quality professional standards and ethical practices; maintains communication with all other staff members; participates in education, maintains a safe work environment; participates in the Centre’s Quality Improvement Program; and carries out other duties as assigned.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to: Assume responsibilities for Psychological Services that are offered at Grandview Children’s Centre and The Autism Diagnostic Hub. Provide consultation to administrators, clinical staff and parents as appropriate. Provide appropriate assessment, diagnostic and/or intervention strategies to support clients with a variety of needs (e.g., mental health, behavioral, learning, developmental, and social), in keeping with best practice guidelines and Grandview Children’s Centre and The Autism Diagnostic Hub assessment models.Provide direct services to select clients, in keeping with best practice guidelines. Provide support to interprofessional team members, as needed. Present professional development to staff and parents, in consultation with the Clinical Manager. Perform other duties as assigned by the Clinical Manager.You have sound training and experience in Applied Psychology (e.g., Clinical, School) and experience working with an interprofessional team.
- Doctoral or Master’s degree in Clinical Psychology.
- Excellent interpersonal, clinical and communication skills, as well as organizational and time management skills.
- Registration with the College of Psychologists of Ontario.
- Experience with school-aged children, youth and their families.
- Experience in best practice models of standardized assessment, including the ADOS-2 modules 1-3, Applied Behaviour Analysis, diagnostic assessment, and individual and/or group therapy or counselling.
- Skills in working in an interprofessional team with other professionals, e.g., Social Workers, Speech and Language Pathologists, Communication Disorders Assistants and Occupational Therapists.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with Autism Services and Supports and other systems, as well as the appropriate legislation and/or practices therein.
- Familiarity with the standards of professional practice which govern the provision of Psychological Services in the province of Ontario.
Please forward your resume, specifying “Psychologist / Psychological Associate” in subject line to Human Resources Manager.
Grandview is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices. Should an applicant require accommodation during any stage in the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- best practice models of standardized assessments: 1 year (Required)
- working in multidisciplinary team of SW,SLP, CDA, OT, PT: 1 year (Preferred)
- Psychology: 2 years (Required)
- familiarity iwth Autism Services & Supports: 1 year (Preferred)
- ADOS-2 models 1-3, ABA, DA and group/individual therapy: 1 year (Required)
- Master's Degree (Required)
- Registration with College of Psychologists (Required)