If you’re passionate about leading a team that is, committed to the Team Member Experience and driven by innovation and growth, then join us!
The Executive Director is a critical role within our communities as it impacts the lives of residents through the strong leadership and motivation of Sienna team members.
As an Executive Director your typical day will impact in the following ways:
- Ensuring the Resident Care Mission including philosophy, annual goals and objectives for residents’ care and nursing services are congruent with the organization’s mission statement.
- Establishing, implementing, managing and improving standards for nursing care, and policies and procedures for quality resident care to meet individual resident needs and their expectations involving them whenever possible.
- Ensures that measures are taken to facilitate optimal occupancy and occupancy numbers.
- Monitors preferred accommodation to ensure maximum revenue from achievement of 60% preferred room rentals.
- Ensures all promotional materials meet corporate standards and promote a positive resident experience.
- Acts in a leadership capacity to ensure that all team members within the care community foster positive customer service with residents and families in their day to day work.
- Acts in a leadership capacity in the development of community partnerships with health service providers, CCAC/ discharge planners, and other community agencies.
- Seeks opportunities to ensure a participative working relationship within Local Health Integration Network (LHIN).
- Provides leadership and direction to ensure all aspects of Quality Improvement Program are carried out as scheduled (Quality Management plan, corporate indicators, monthly QI schedules, currency of policy & procedure manuals).
- Provides oversight for the development & monitoring of the various functions and activities of all accreditation teams within the care community.
- Ensures that all organization standing committees are functioning with a terms of reference that outlines their function and area of responsibility.
- Responding promptly to concerns of residents and family members, mediating a satisfactory response to concerns and implements action plans.
- Facilitating relationships through effective communications between and among residents, relatives, team members and community to supports involvement and participation in care.
- Networking with other long term care organizations to promote continuity of nursing care with other health agencies and community.
- Ensure the maintenance of effective liaison and public relations with representatives from the Government, Unions and all other agencies and organizations as deemed appropriate.
- Overseeing the recruitment, employee and labour relations, payroll and benefits, orientation, occupational and non-occupational injury/illness, performance management, training, education and other people related functions within the Care Community.
- Providing the team members’ development coordination and using the educational resources to plan for an effective team member development program including orientation, in-service and continuing education as determined by the learning needs of nursing team members.
- Understands and interprets all components of related legislation for team members, residents and families.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation including but not limited to: Ministry Acts, regulations, policies and procedures, directives, & collective agreements.
- Ensures the implementation of a complete quality and risk management program in alignment with corporate strategic plan.
- Ensure risk management activities take place to reduce and control potential or actual risks to the safety, security and health of all individuals, and to the safety and security of the Care community.
- Working in accordance with the organization’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures and in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Planning, coordinating, directing and monitoring the effectiveness of all operational activities of the Care Community.
- Provide financial leadership by managing budgets and monitoring long-term strategic fiscal plans, including ensuring sufficient resources/equipment are available through budget preparation, maintenance and the hiring of appropriate and adequate staffing levels.
- Ensure, in conjunction with Support Services Office, that audits are completed on financial records and that appropriate reporting is completed.
- Maintain an organized system of records management, which includes the components of collection, access, storage, retention and destruction of records, financial, and trust accounts.
- Participating in the development of the annual operating budget and reviewing financial statements and taking action on variances to bring expenditures in line with budget.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary degree (3 years’) or post-secondary diploma (2 years’) in Health or Social Services.
- Must have 3 years’ managerial or supervisory experience in the Health or Social Services industry.
- Must have 1-year Long Term Care experience.
- Must possess excellent supervisory and leadership abilities (e.g., people management, finance, labour relations, marketing and department coordination).
- Highly proficient planning and organizing skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills required.
- Strong working knowledge of the Internet and MS Office, specifically Excel and Word.
Applicable to Ontario:
- Must have completed a program in Long-Term Care Home Administration that is at least 100 hours in duration of instruction. Possess the qualifications to be an Administrator in the Province of Ontario.
- Successful completion of the Fire Safety Planning Training for Owners and Operators in accordance with Ontario Regulation 150/13.
- Sound knowledge of Long Term Care Homes Act 2007, Ontario Regulations 79/10.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector Check.
Applicable to Ontario.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of BC as a Registered Nurse. Applicable to British Columbia applicants.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Criminal Records Check. Applicable to British Columbia applicants.
Act upon your desire to help others and Join Sienna Senior Living as we continue to enhance the lives of those we serve.
For Ontario locations, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, select
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 5 years (Required)
- Long Term Care: 5 years (Required)