Recruiting from Scratch is a premier talent firm that focuses on placing the best product managers, software, and hardware talent at innovative companies. Our team is 100% remote and we work with teams across the United States to help them hire.
About our Client
Join our client in transforming the way remote teams work and communicate. Their AI-powered collaborative note-taking app works across Zoom, Google Meet, and Microsoft Teams to help teams record, transcribe, search and share meeting notes. In addition, we are making virtual meetings accessible to all employees - allowing team members with disabilities to participate in a world that is now dominated by virtual meetings.
With over 10M users experiencing their product, they are making an impact at scale and we are growing fast. The team is made up of top talent from companies like Google, Facebook, Yahoo!, Microsoft, Pinterest, Spotify, and Plaid. They are backed by leading investors that include David Cheriton (Google’s first investor), Tim Draper ( Draper Associates ), Spectrum Equity, Horizons Ventures, GGV Capital, and Duke University.
They are seeking an experienced Software Engineer, Backend to help lead the development, deployment, and management of our web services and related infrastructure to join our engineering team. Members of the engineering team work collaboratively as a group and with colleagues in technology, who are devising new speech recognition solutions, and product management to deploy systems and infrastructure to serve the needs of end-user professionals and enterprise clients across a number of verticals.
Need to Have
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or EE) from a top school, or have substantial production server experience (or equivalent)
- At least 5+ years of experience in developing/architecting large scale systems
- Hands-on coding and development in Python and C++
- Strong proficiency in building business logic with Web Framework such as Django and MySQL
- Experience with platforms such as Nginx, Kafka, MySQL, Cassandra, Redis, and big data platforms
- Strong ability to write and debug code that is reusable, testable and efficient
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers in design, product management, technology, and engineering to respond to requirements and diagnose problems
Nice to Have
PhD in Distributed Systems or related fields (including architecture/infrastructure-related)
- Stock. Be a [literal] stakeholder in our company’s future.
- Food. Enjoy catered meals and boundless snacks.
- Fun. We host team lunches weekly and team events bi-quarterly.
- People. Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Health and Saving. Receive the benefits of comprehensive health, dental, vision and disability insurance.
Salary: $150,000 - $230,000 base.