BlueBat Games is a subsidiary of global gaming powerhouse Novomatic’s Greentube division. Our white label social casino platform – Greentube Pro – is changing the casino industry! Now, online and mobile players can stay connected to their favourite casino brands any time they’re ready to have fun. Through Greentube Pro, social casino gaming is all about building brand loyalty and player retention.
We are looking for a Senior 2D Game User Interface Artist with extensive expertise in creating interactive game interface elements for web and mobile products.You will be responsible for delivering visual design and UX concepts and final graphic products for new features, products and improvements on existing systems across digital products and platforms.
Remote candidates need NOT apply. This is a full-time, permanent position in our Vancouver office.
Only applicants that provide a portfolio or samples of their artwork will be considered.
- Conceptualize, design and create appealing interface designs that adhere to the product requirements and brand guidelines of each of our high profile clients
- Design scalable web and mobile visual systems from end to end that achieve goals from both game design and UX perspectives
- Identify and solve inefficiencies with existing design systems and pipelines
- Communicate ideas and concepts with internal stakeholders and teams as well as with outsource teams and contractors
- Work with game designers and front end developers to implement art assets into the games and verify the quality of the graphics after hand-off
- Take ownership of assets production, respecting technical constraints and optimization guidelines
- Ability to train intermediate and junior level artists in UI and visual UX methods and best practices
- Participate in creative brainstorming to grow and improve our living products
- Stay updated on the latest developments, trends and thinking within digital design and social casino competitors
- Create a playful, intuitive, cohesive look & feel and overall user experience for our products
- Diploma or degree in graphic design (or equivalent)
- 5+ years of experience in UI design for social, casual and mobile games
- Provide an online portfolio that demonstrates strong aesthetics and interactive design principles in layout design
- A passion for human-computer interactions and user experiences
- Mastery of interaction design tools and processes, including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe XD and Illustrator
- Must have strong production pipeline sensibilities: deeply ingrained knowledge of design principles; quick sketching and wire-framing abilities
- Exceptional typography skills
- Vector asset creation and illustration skills
- Receptive to creative direction from both clients and internal creative stakeholders
- Able to track/organize a multitude of tasks and revision requests
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Strong traditional drawing, color, composition and conceptual ideation abilities
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and interpersonal skills
- Able to thrive in a dynamic environment and have quick decision-making skills to work to tight schedules
- Be a self-starter and highly motivated to achieve excellent results within constraints
- Resourceful with excellent follow-through and accountability
- An understanding of social casino games
- Experience playing casual and mobile games
- Knowledge of Animate CC and After Effects
- HTML/CSS experience is an asset
- Creative writing and editing experience a bonus
- Have a passion for making and playing video games
What we can offer you:
We’re a small, close-knit team with a very large opportunity to grow ahead of us. Our team truly strives for work/life balance, and we pride ourselves on providing an environment that allows people to feel their contribution is meaningful and valued. Come join us and find an opportunity to help us expand our creative department as we work on a number of exciting projects with strong brand identities!
Would you like to know more about what it's like to work with us? Check out our Values and Benefits:
Job Type: Full-time