Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
Reporting to Health Records, you will be responsible for the management of all clinical forms, including development, revision and artwork.. Responsible for engaging end users, facilitating form requests and navigating end users through the Clinical Documentation Advisory Committee (CDAC) process. Provide guidance through the forms approvals and sign-off processes.
Responsible for configuring all chart forms in the OnBase configuration application module and Meditech (Medical Records Forms module). Update the SHN forms repository for Centenary and General/Birchmount. Provide updated list of new/revised forms to external scanning vendor and monitor Onbase for batches of scanned documents. Perform other associated duties as directed.
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
- Health Informatics Diploma
- Completion of medical terminology program
- Comprehensive knowledge of informatics related computer systems and other applications, forms development software, MS Excel spreadsheets, database applications and MS Power-point.
- Advance level of written and oral communication skills with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization and develop and maintain respectful interpersonal relations
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and prioritize workload to meet deadlines is essential
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Understanding of privacy legislation including the Personal Health Information Act and the Public Hospitals’ Act.
- Ability to respect and promote confidentiality and to display independent judgment
- Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to SHN's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, infection control and environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues, volunteers and other members of the community and public
- Demonstrates values consistent with SHN’s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
- Utilize protective equipment provided and identify and reports hazards
- Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community
- Excellent work performance and attendance
- Health Informatics Degree preferred
- 2 years’ experience as Forms development (graphic design)
- Knowledge of health records chart processes
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.